Sign in to follow this  
TheGuyWhoSwims

Purchased my first Replica! Rolex Submariner.

TheGuyWhoSwims

Hey all! After years of having my own great watches, from Hamilton, Movado, Citizen, etc., I thought that I would bite the bullet and have one replica of my very own. I purchased a Rolex Submariner Replica from Andrew at Trusty Time. Shipping was very fast, and cleared customs quickly. Here are some photos I just took.

There are by phone, (and the covering is still on) so apologies if the image quality isn't 100%. And I do need to take it somewhere and remove two links from it, so I have it stored.

But either way, I am very happy with this purchase, and very much recommend TT! I'll update this with a lume shot at some point in the near future.

photo-2_zpsb75d1440.jpg

photo_zpsabcc5a7c.jpg

photo-1_zpsf4321fe6.jpg

Xebryus

I wouldn't go somewhere to get those links removed. Just find a place nearby take sells tiny screwdrivers. Maybe a hobby store?

I brand new set will cost you around the same amount for link removals.

Looks good and enjoy

Jameslowe1

I wouldn't go somewhere to get those links removed. Just find a place nearby take sells tiny screwdrivers. Maybe a hobby store?

I brand new set will cost you around the same amount for link removals.

Looks good and enjoy

+1000000

skin_oi_skin

An Eyeglass repair kit from any pharmacy will take care of those links in less than 2 minutes. And it will only cost you about 3 dollars.

TheGuyWhoSwims

Oh, okay, thanks! And removing the links are a piece of cake? Say I need two removed, just one from one side, one from the other?

Xebryus

You unscrew and pull out the screw

Dr_Rolex

nice watch and congrats! im also strongly considering TT for my first rep

Irishcain

GLWS. And now that we've got our hooks in you, you're never getting away

JohnS

Looks good. Which version did you get? The plastic is a dead giveaway. You may want to take it off before you go out in public...just kidding

Kermit13sg
Hey all! After years of having my own great watches, from Hamilton, Movado, Citizen, etc., I thought that I would bite the bullet and have one replica of my very own. I purchased a Rolex Submariner Replica from Andrew at Trusty Time. Shipping was very fast, and cleared customs quickly. Here are some photos I just took.

There are by phone, (and the covering is still on) so apologies if the image quality isn't 100%. And I do need to take it somewhere and remove two links from it, so I have it stored.

But either way, I am very happy with this purchase, and very much recommend TT! I'll update this with a lume shot at some point in the near future.

photo-2_zpsb75d1440.jpg

photo_zpsabcc5a7c.jpg

photo-1_zpsf4321fe6.jpg

Can I have Andrew's email? Please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gyddyp

Oh, okay, thanks! And removing the links are a piece of cake? Say I need two removed, just one from one side, one from the other?

yep i'd take one from each side.

it really is a two minute job (with the right screwdriver) I was a bit nervous/unsure first time.. ended up double checking via youtube :)

skin_oi_skin

Just do it until it fits. One or two from a side won't make a huge difference.

stolikat

A submariner? You don't say. :giggle:

TheGuyWhoSwims

Hey all, one quick update and question - the rolesor clasp with the crown on it popped off when I was fiddling with the links. I was able to get it back on, but curious about it being a liability in the future. Nothing to worry about? Doesn't seem to be an issue now.

TheGuyWhoSwims

But yes, 1.6 mm made it easy

TheGuyWhoSwims

Ah, screw me. I got to the last part I was going to work on...the crown is stuck. :( I have no idea what to do...any advice guys?

waynu

nice...enjoy

TheGuyWhoSwims

And I'm going to stop and call myself a noob idiot. Handled it.

LightGeek

Ah, screw me. I got to the last part I was going to work on...the crown is stuck. :( I have no idea what to do...any advice guys?

Pun intended? "screw me".

ashkana336

HAH! That's absolutely genius. :rofl:

TheGuyWhoSwims

+1

Shawnl

Love the look of the blue subs. It's just a toss up between that and the green bezel for me!

fuplayer

photo-2_zpsb75d1440.jpg

photo_zpsabcc5a7c.jpg

photo-1_zpsf4321fe6.jpg

Wokky rehaut?

WhiteChocolateJr

Whoa! That rehaut looks like it's at a >30° angle to the dial!

Edited by WhiteChocolateJr

TheGuyWhoSwims

Hah if that was sarcasm it went over my head for a second.

I'm not going to expect any perfection from a rep, but the rehaut doesn't look like its angled much differently from some rolexes I've seen before.

For what it is, I think the rehaut looks just fine. If I wanted 100% accuracy I'd buy a real Rolex.