Sign in to follow this  
TheGuyWhoSwims

Purchased my first Replica! Rolex Submariner.

Irishcain

It actually looks really good. The most purchased reps (for beginning collectors) are subs, so (generally) most subs are going to be extremely close to gen (I insert the caveat that I'm speaking about purchases from TD's. There is some truly horrendous crap out there that can be more easily mistaken for seagull dung than for a sub). Enjoy and wear in good health :D

TheGuyWhoSwims

I actually spoke too soon, had to email Andrew because over the course of the day I realized the bracelet was absolutely awful. Bad threading and pins that wouldn't hold. I'm going to wait to hear back from him, but does anyone know where might be a good idea to get good bracelet parts?

WhiteChocolateJr

Congrats on your first purchase! Two things: You're hooked. Also, you'll outgrow your watch. Whichever type/quality/movement it is, you'll outgrow it. Have fun!

TheGuyWhoSwims

Thanks! And yeah...I can already tell I'm hooked :D

TheGuyWhoSwims

I'm also a little pissed off though, to be honest - I know you get what you pay for, but with the great level of detail on the watch face, how difficult is it to have a good bracelet? My little clasp with the crown on it wasn't even connected with a mushroom pin...how does one even remotely expect that to stay on over time?

Edit: I guess that's actually a feature of that bracelet, I just have to tighten it meself.

Edited by TheGuyWhoSwims

Dazz140

I thought the rehauts had all been upgraded to the straight 'gen-like' ones on all of the BP subs now? I've got a V1 BP with the wonky rehaut and it looks WAY worse in pics, in real life it doesn't look too bad at all...

sardonix

Every rose has its thorn but this one is wokky.

Fine if you can live with that just for your to compare and other readers of this topic, this one (noobfactory) is not wokky.

Enjoy the watch the color and markers are lovely, no space either between officially certified or is that just the angle of pic?

MpbE6t4.jpg

Y30BAD

Where's yours from Sardonix? If you don't mind me asking...

Loving this watch... It's on my list of must gets in the next few months

Y30BAD

Which TD I meant.. Obviously saw its noobfactory

Nisv

Congrats, enjoy :)

Better not go swimming with it though ;)

Y30BAD

Thanks.. I'm UK so that suits me. Gotta get me this : )

sardonix

Read his prices like

ABC = $123

Y30BAD

Ah I see, so the notes bit yeah? CBH on tis particular one. Good tip thanks for that. Still finding my feet.