Sign in to follow this  
TheGuyWhoSwims

Is TT good with Bracelet Replacement?

TheGuyWhoSwims

Just asking because my watch is fantastic, but the bracelet clasp has all but fell apart. I can get a replacement clasp on Amazon or something, but I would much prefer if I can get a new bracelet and just swap it out.

Anyone had experience with Trusty Time and Bracelet quality?

P4GTR

customer service is one of TT's strong suits, email him about your issue.

TheGuyWhoSwims

Just did, Andrew said he'd send me a replacement clasp ASAP. Highly grateful that went through so fast!

Decided to get a second clasp on Amazon just to test it out and see if I like it any better, I wasn't sure about the mechanism/pin quality in the bracelet (seemed to slip out and not hold very well on the locking clasp and extender/shortener).

Looking forward to testing it out.

LightGeek

Just did, Andrew said he'd send me a replacement clasp ASAP. Highly grateful that went through so fast!

Decided to get a second clasp on Amazon just to test it out and see if I like it any better, I wasn't sure about the mechanism/pin quality in the bracelet (seemed to slip out and not hold very well on the locking clasp and extender/shortener).

If it's the comfort/easy link you're talking about, you can take it out and GENTLY squeeze it tighter (with the pin inside!) so it holds better.

SSTEEL

Andrew sent me a complete replacement bracelet as my GlideLock was faulty, and a replacement clasp would not of fixed my issue as the problem was the latching part on the bracelet that locks into the clasp.

TheGuyWhoSwims

If it's the comfort/easy link you're talking about, you can take it out and GENTLY squeeze it tighter (with the pin inside!) so it holds better.

Light, on the Gen Rolexes with that locking clasp that has the crown on it, how are they usually held in place? Just curious as I can't remember off the top of my head - but I would imagine it's pretty well soldered on? Just curious as to the bracelet I had it seemed to pop off pretty easily - I would think that on a Gen, Rolex would make that pretty irremovable, since it that doesn't need to be modified.

For the record, I'm talking about this sort of configuration/Clasp.

DSCN0723.jpg

LightGeek

Light, on the Gen Rolexes with that locking clasp that has the crown on it, how are they usually held in place? Just curious as I can't remember off the top of my head - but I would imagine it's pretty well soldered on? Just curious as to the bracelet I had it seemed to pop off pretty easily - I would think that on a Gen, Rolex would make that pretty irremovable, since it that doesn't need to be modified.

For the record, I'm talking about this sort of configuration/Clasp.

DSCN0723.jpg

...and you question is on the underside of that clasp right? I have an easy link on right now, will take a pic. You just need to release the spring bar in the little cutouts like you would the bracelet from the case. That's the guy in the middle of this pic.

zybybu2a.jpg

LightGeek

Then to tighten, very carefully and slowly use pliers and clamp the jaws closed more. Be SURE to insert the pin before clamping or you might collapse the channel completely. Don't ask how I know.

penadejy.jpg

JohnPilot

I got a new clasp for my DSSD and bracelet for VC from andrew.

TheGuyWhoSwims

Thanks, Light. Haha I won't ask how you know. So I guess the same applies to that little clasp with the crown on it?(Using pliers to clamp it closed). I guess I'm a little surprised that a clasp wouldn't use mushroom head pins or something to keep it permanently attached to the bracelet.

Anyway I'll keep all this in mind for future tinkering, since Im getting a clasp replacement and I'll just have to link it into my bracelet.

Edited by TheGuyWhoSwims