Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

HOW TO PAY VIA WESTERN UNION (WU)

DaveLo

Hi Guy's! I'm not a frequent poster by any stretch of the imagination but I read a lot and this sight is fantastic! I'm in the process of waiting for the arrival of my UPO Chrono, bought from MarvellousReplica, my first rep purchase and certainly wont be my last! This is how I paid, It's really easy and fairly straight forward to use WU in the UK I've certainly found this to be the case in my limited experience anyway. (used it once and all went well :-) If you check out the WU website, put in your address details or even your city it will highlight on the little map each WU agent in your area, its as easy as that. Once you find one that's near you pop along with your money, fill in the form and Bob is most definitely your uncle! :-) WU agents can be local travel agents, news agents, cash converter service / shops. If you hover over the map each agent will pop up and contact details will be displayed. They will guide you when filling in the info if you've never done it before BUT REMEMBER!!! Say your sending money to family or friends, saves hassle.

RUSH2112

I've attempted to use WU twice in the last month with the same TD. Once on line and once at branch. Apparently they have flagged the name of the person I was told to send the money to and the monies were put on hold both times. I ended up having to get refunded both times and ended up using a cc. I was primarily using WU to attempt to save $ since I was buying about $700 worth of items.

MikeTex

Guess I was lucky -- maybe or maybe not since I have not heard from the TD since -- but I used WU and paid with a CC two days ago and it went through without a hitch.

8pm

The option is thereto use online.Also there is a special rate for money sent to china. Max $18. Good for members who buy 2-3 watches per order.

Rabeen

I completed my first payment via WU today but did come up against an issue that my card provider declined the transaction - they then (automated) called me I confirmed it was me trying to send the money, resubmitted and it worked.

I'll try the store version next time as the discount / cashback I posted about earlier was for new users only.

Hopefully the TD will have no problems picking up my payment and it will be a success (with my watch arriving in the opposite direction).

freddy_sanford

Anyone ever try using a prepaid visa card to send money via WU? Will it work?

olly593

When using WU cash over the counter works best, why would you want to use a prepaid Visa? No one will ever get your credit card details except WU themselves

freddy_sanford

When using WU cash over the counter works best, why would you want to use a prepaid Visa? No one will ever get your credit card details except WU themselves

I just happen to have one that I got as a gift and thought I'd use it. It didn't work, though. Will try another route.

Callumz

Do they ask any questions in the branch?

black263

Never so far. I go in, fill in the form with the details that the TD has given. Make no mention of the money being for purchase of anything, and hand over the cash. They give me a receipt with the reference number, and I email the TD with that number. Job done.

Mechwarrior

i used WE yesterday: 300 euro sent......23.5 euro commissions

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Callumz

A quick question that perhaps the UK people can answer:

If dealer gives amount to send in $ is there an option in the branch to send an amount of $ but pay in £?

I know the option is available online but I want to avoid online due to the problems outlined by Greg in the first post

black263

A quick question that perhaps the UK people can answer:

If dealer gives amount to send in $ is there an option in the branch to send an amount of $ but pay in £?

I know the option is available online but I want to avoid online due to the problems outlined by Greg in the first post

Absolutely. I tell the nice lady how many dollars I want the recipient to have. She tells me how many pounds I have to give her to make that happen. Simples.

Klink

Olly593 comes closest to my experiences with WU and every rep I have ever bought has been by WU over the counter cash.. never a problem.

"When using WU cash over the counter works best, why would you want to use a prepaid Visa? No one will ever get your credit card details except WU themselves"

All the best to all,

LIfe is Good!

Klink

blookazoo

hi all. I finally signed on here. I've been reading a lot of info from my google searches including RWG in the search. so much to learn! thank-you very much.

so, I do have a WU question....I live in Canada. sent money via WU to china to silix-prime. I can see the tracking info, but michelle (very helpful) can't receive my payment.

I paid CDN cash, got my receipt and MTCN. she's supposed to receive in Chinese funds. we're emailing back and forth right now, trying to figure this out. I've given all the info needed I think?

anyone have this problem?

....again, thank-you for all of the knowledge on here. I look forward to posting pics of my reps and gens that I have so far.

zdh

I have had vendors say they only accept WU but when I say I want to do paypal they usually agree. At the end of the day they want the sale!

blookazoo

hi all. I finally signed on here. I've been reading a lot of info from my google searches including RWG in the search. so much to learn! thank-you very much.

so, I do have a WU question....I live in Canada. sent money via WU to china to silix-prime. I can see the tracking info, but michelle (very helpful) can't receive my payment.

I paid CDN cash, got my receipt and MTCN. she's supposed to receive in Chinese funds. we're emailing back and forth right now, trying to figure this out. I've given all the info needed I think?

anyone have this problem?

....again, thank-you for all of the knowledge on here. I look forward to posting pics of my reps and gens that I have so far.

update......fish, fish, got my wish. she got the money. now just waiting for QC pics. I didn't know ordering from overseas what such an ordeal. I guess it goes slower when emailing every detail back and forth. I'm hoping that I can get stuff before Christmas.

Realism

thanks for the tips ^^^^

johnnyloco

Dang, I did not know that paypal is an "unlisted" payment option

Trüffi

Fu....ing WU. Wanted to buy a watch from MR.

create an Account online, tried to sent the money...

Get the information that i have to verify my account with post ident (in germany)

Now have to wait some days until i can make the transaction

greg_r

Get the information that i have to verify my account with post ident (in germany)

Did you even read the first post in this thread?

black263

Seems like this poster, WU online, PP and iparadisicrap were made for each other.

Tekkes

WU online works fine for me. Fees are about 10-15 usd less than in a branch as well. But differs for each country I think.

Heisenberg

They did when I used WU and even told me I was being scammed. I had to convince the woman to continue with the payment. It was a pretty uncomfortable experience to be honest. Then when I got home the dealer told me he sent me the wrong payment name which you can imagine was pretty awkward when I had to go back to fix the payment. They had to refund the payment and do it again. Of course I never told them what I was buying but they were pretty nosey and ask you if you know the person personally.

I wonder if the pre-paid card idea floated earlier would make a difference to using WU online.

Trüffi

Yes, i read it :) after a Short call with our WU dealer everything is ok

Thanks