Sign in to follow this  
projectologist

BP Sub C ND, DSSD FTW...

projectologist

Getting these 2 was the rep bargain of the year IMHO... $306 total for both + $30 s/h for one package. Both are 21J movements, a little on the rough and noisy side, but in general I've had good luck with them. Plus they're relatively easy to work on.

All I did to them was remove the pearls, re-center them and used epoxy to hold them in place. The pearls are the best to date. The hour hand is nearly spot-on (unlike the Noob's that can't seem to get it right no matter what new version they come up with). The ceramic inserts have just the right depth of engraving. And bracelets fit snugly between the case lugs, no obvious rep gapossis. Added bonus on the date version... actual accurate color AR on the cyclops... that's a game changer by itself. Hopefully the Noob factory is paying close attention.

They did a great job on the DS's compression ring... correct shallow engraving with a matte fill and the correct thickness rings around the lume plots (on the Sub C's too). Lume color is more accurate as well compared to the Noob.

A couple of quick phone pics for now...

ND01.jpg

BPdssd01.jpg

Edited by projectologist

Member X

Awesome value for that money :)

Is the BP ND the one with the dial printing issue?

dalboy

Awesome value for that money :)

If only they'd sort out the dial printing on the ND!

+1000

Stunning pics btw..

Dal..

projectologist

Yep, the ye olde dial OFF....CERT... spacing issue. However I did note that at the local AD that those 2 words were closer together on the ND on the gens as well. Note my sneaky hand placement in the first pic :) Note the spacing in this promo pic for the gen release... Rolex-Sub-2010-11.jpg

Edited by projectologist

AB51

These look great. Which TD did you buy them from? I've been looking for TDs who who sell BP Subs and I'm having a problem identifying them.

sputim

Andrew from trusty time sells the bp factory sub v2! Projectologist superb watches! How did you get off the pearl? Want to do the same mod but i am scared since i dont wanna spoil the bezel..:o

AB51

Sora from ShineWatch also sells them but neither of these are TDs at either RWG or RWI.

Member X

These look great. Which TD did you buy them from? I've been looking for TDs who who sell BP Subs and I'm having a problem identifying them.

Sora from ShineWatch also sells them but neither of these are TDs at either RWG or RWI.

Rather than going with some random internet seller who more than likely will rip you off, have you emailed the Trusted Dealers on here to ask if they can source what you are looking for?

Dazz140

Andrew from trusty time sells the bp factory sub v2! Projectologist superb watches! How did you get off the pearl? Want to do the same mod but i am scared since i dont wanna spoil the bezel.. :o

Heat bezel up with hair dryer until you can take insert off then remove pearl, if you mess it up you can order another one see here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=44465&st=0

AB51

Yes, I've contacted WI who don't sell it because of the dial issue. I would only buy from TDs but was using the 'networking' aspects of the site to see if any other members had used TDs to source this watch.

Dinicol

Very nice job!!

projectologist

Andrew from trusty time sells the bp factory sub v2! Projectologist superb watches! How did you get off the pearl? Want to do the same mod but i am scared since i dont wanna spoil the bezel.. :o

Because of the type of adhesive used to secure the pearl, it's very easy to remove with the tip of a #11 X-acto blade. I just carefully worked it under the pearl and the pearl lifted right out... no need to remove the insert.

After that, I used a toothpick to remove the residual adhesive from the hole in the insert and around the base of the pearl mount. Fortunately the hole in the insert is slightly larger than the small post behind the pearl mount. When re-attaching the pearl, this will give you a little wiggle room to properly center the pearl in the triangle (most appear to be installed in haste and set closer to one side over the other).

I used 5-minute epoxy and let it fully cure overnight. A little bit goes a long way.

king91

Gorgeous! Great work done

sputim

Thanks projectologist I will try! ;) and if it goes wrong do you think joshs ceramic bezel insert fits the bp case?