Sign in to follow this  
chriszammett

Think I've decided on this Bell & Ross

chriszammett

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=2642

I want it on a coloured leather strap. What widths are the straps? I have a feeling they take a 24mm panerai strap, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no reason not to buy from Robert - great dealer - but is this a good rep at a good price? I know very little about Bell & Ross reps and what's out there.

houndoggie
http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=2642

I want it on a coloured leather strap. What widths are the straps? I have a feeling they take a 24mm panerai strap, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no reason not to buy from Robert - great dealer - but is this a good rep at a good price? I know very little about Bell & Ross reps and what's out there.

24mm lug width.

Looks nice. It is a huge watch. The only thing that would bug me is the sunken datewheel, but your mileage may vary.

Here is a link to the gen (rose gold): http://www.bernardwatch.com/Bell-Ross/BR-0...hronograph/BR86

greg_r

It's a 24mm strap, but to look right they really need to be designed for the watch. Some gen B&R straps are quite reasonable prices but altraps.com is a good aftermarket seller too...

As for the watch itself, other than the sunken datewheel, it looks pretty good (most B&R chrono reps tend to be quartz). I must confess that I'd be inclined towards the non-chrono models, though, which tend to be a little closer to gen.

As HD says, do bear in mind that this is a VERY large watch. I like big watches, but the BR01 wears WAY bigger than a 47mm Panerai due to the square shape - it's about 65mm corner to corner. I love 'em - and I really don't want to discourage you, but it's worth knowing what you're getting yourself into :lol:

dmisgod

never thought about B&R before, looks interesting...

GC

I agree with greg, I have an Invicta homage of the B&R and it wears very large!

Don't let that put you off, but it's just good to know in advance that it wears VERY LARGE

G

chriszammett

thanks for you replies. I will have a think about it and maybe mock up the dimensions and sit it on my wrist! I have a 44mm Panerai, and it doesn't look big, I have reasonably chunky wrists.

Baldrick

Not a big fan of B&R, but if you want to change the strap, stick with the original B&R style of strap, anything else looks silly, coloured straps can help the looks, here are some coloured straps from a well known member of the forums. he's not supplying any more but some of the other dealers might have them or similar.

335BELLROSSSTEEL_BLUENUMBERS3.jpg

335BELLROSSSTEEL_BLUENUMBERS4.jpg

337BELLROSSBR-015.jpg

408MAR08BELLROSSBR-023.jpg

greg_r
thanks for you replies. I will have a think about it and maybe mock up the dimensions and sit it on my wrist! I have a 44mm Panerai, and it doesn't look big, I have reasonably chunky wrists.

Fair enough - but a BR01 wears quite a bit bigger than a 47mm Panerai, let alone a 44mm. Not trying to discourage you, though - they're cool watches :lol:

Baldrick
they're cool watches

If you keep it in the fridge, maybe!

sammysmiths

Does anyone have any wrist shots of one? I'm thinking of one of these also.

AllergyDoc

I couldn't find a wrist shot, but I have this group shot. I think my watch was the same size.

100_0004_2_DXO.jpg

I got rid of mine quick. My wife said: "That's an ugly watch. You're not wearing that outside, are you?" The square shape isn't to everyone's liking.

greg_r

Sure:

br0192_w.jpg

chriszammett

Sure:

br0192_w.jpg

hmm - that does sit a little awkwardly doesn't it. This has thrown a spanner in the works!

I'm back to thinking about a fiddy!

venusbloo

I used to like them a lot 'till I saw all of those lookalikes on fleabay-they put me off! The black pvd and orange one is pretty sexy though...

Member X

Dooo iiiit... There's nothing else like them, they're great :beer2:

They don't wear that big - I've only got skinny 7" wrists (maybe 6.75"?) and they look fine ;) :P

If you wanna try one for size before you shell out for a rep, there's homages on ebay - search for "46mm watch" and you should get a few come up :D

They are wearable on a PAM strap:

dscf1640q.jpg

dscf1614p.jpg

but look much better on a proper B&R strap, 24mm at lugs, widening to 34mm just outside the lugs:

dscf2622.jpg

dscf2646i.jpg

dscf1739y.jpg

dscf1742.jpg

dscf1743z.jpg

Buy buy buy ;):D

greg_r

Sure:

br0192_w.jpg

hmm - that does sit a little awkwardly doesn't it. This has thrown a spanner in the works!

I'm back to thinking about a fiddy!

Yup - especially bearing in mind that I do not have a particularly skinny wrist - a Fiddy is comfortable for me - as are most watches 50mm and under. I liked the B&R but sold it as I found it too bulky to wear comfortably (although it may have been better on a nylon or leather strap rather than the rubber strap it came on).

chriszammett

Here's a picture of my wrist with a piece of paper the size of a bell and ross on top of my panerai!

does it help to imagine the size of the watch? I don't know!

wrist.jpg

Member X

Where are you?

The only way to really know is to try one on at an AD.

The 03 is just too small once you've had the 01 on :P

chriszammett
Where are you?

The only way to really know is to try one on at an AD.

The 03 is just too small once you've had the 01 on :P

Just north of Oxford.

Didn't think of find a real one to try on!

Member X

I always feel bad about it because I have no intention (or way...) of buying ;) but as one of the guys on a gen forum said, don't feel ashamed to aspire to something, once day you may be able to afford it so you're just affirming that it suits you :D:lol:

If you go to http://www.bellross.com/uk/ then select the Retailers section, you can get a list of places to try one on :lol:

jojo8989

B&R has templates you can print out and try on haha. Check it out on their website, i recall it being fairly easy to find. I just got a Model that i love (cheapie though, sadly) I love the look, but hated how it looked when i first tried it on. After a day though, it just grew on me. I love it, and yes, it is huge. But thats a B&R for you; i say go for it.

I want to reorder the model i have in the $250+ range but they only make this watch with no AR, a caseback that reads quartz then its an automatic, no screws on the back, and a very choppy movement. :(

Get it, you wont be sorry