Sign in to follow this  
edwinowl

21j keyless and that f.. I've hockey man!

edwinowl

Guys decided to have a go at a keyless on a 21j as I've done several ETA keyless thought I'd give one a go. So there he is as I call him 'ice hockey man' on the right above keyless.

FAE6CB1D-42B1-40BD-8D6B-83CB1C658B8D-9734-00000E61BD5767A7.jpg

So got the thing to bits and popped the clutch return lever in the castle wheel groove, then managed to set the spring. All ready to go with 'ice hockey man' plate ready to go on top. WTF. So anyone got any tips how to get it all back together. I've already swat one down the garden lol.

1E48FDDD-16D7-4650-ACC8-21E12C5C8E9C-9734-00000E6360544634.jpg

Have to say I can see why watch smiths won't touch them.

Whoops title should read Ice hockey. Bloody I phone !

10:10 Watch Repair

remove the date jumper spring first. It slips inside the plate after assembly.

edwinowl

Is there a way that the small barrel part fits at the top of the clutch return mate or is it either way?

gmchris

Do you mean the small cog that the clutch wheel pushes up against (towards the watch centre) ? mine was either way after a couple of excursions accross the table. But my 21j is a slightly different shape keyless design, more random scrap metal than hockey man lol.

edwinowl
Do you mean the small cog that the clutch wheel pushes up against (towards the watch centre) ? mine was either way after a couple of excursions accross the table. But my 21j is a slightly different shape keyless design, more random scrap metal than hockey man lol.

No mate the clutch return lever at the top fits over the tiny barrel which is loose in the hole, I think it's the release button that you gently press when releasing the stem.

gmchris

No mate the clutch return lever at the top fits over the tiny barrel which is loose in the hole, I think it's the release button that you gently press when releasing the stem.

ahh sorry, i have run outa talent now. Someone here must know.

Bump