Dead Bird Dog

So what was the deal with Silix?

Dead Bird Dog

I've seen references to issues that took place sometime during 2008 with him and I noticed he is no longer on the "trusted" site page. Being absent from this for awhile I evidently missed what happened. Seeing no references here at the new board I assume that anything on topic was lost with the old forum database. How about a refresher so when anyone else searches we'll have a ready answer? I'm disappointed that he went bad...My watch and service were excellent from him in 2007.

bme

Well, I´m still getting good service from Silix.............I wouldn´t spend more than 200 USD with him but he´s great for cheapies and his (Jay´s) service has always been faultless.

AllergyDoc

Silix seems to be a hit-and-miss now. Their site hasn't been updated in at least 2 months, if not longer. This makes me nervous, to say the least.

Some guys have good luck with them, others, like me, haven't. Too many hoops to jump through to buy from them. For me at least.

I don't think they should be left off the dealers list, though. It's not like they're scammers or anything. They're just really slow about everything.

greg_r

Quite a few folks have had difficulty getting any kind of response from Silix. Tried to buy from them myself a while back and they didn't even bother to contact me in response to a paypal payment request.

Frankly, they make me nervous - some people are still okay with them, others not. I tend to fall in the latter camp.

JohnG

When I joined RWG1 in April, Silix was considered a risky bet. Most people told me stay away and I would tell others the same. They don't get much business from the boards anymore and don't seem to care... not a good sign.