Sign in to follow this  
sumodave

got sohc v? today...got some q's

sumodave

So i realized that getting a SOH was not going to happen so I settled with the SOHC

I e-mailed a few TD and MR had them available. Excellent communication, QC pics, and super fast shipping. Paid $325 for it with shipping and took 6 days from china to ny.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it so far.

Was told it was a H-Factory. What version what this be? v3?

DSC_0641_zps0f3c7465.jpg

bezel is off half a click..would this be easy to take out the bezel and realign?

DSC_0647_zps7b5e42f9.jpg

spelled SPECALE on back = v3?

DSC_0655_zpsd361ad14.jpg

lume is nothing exciting

DSC_0658_zpscb929827.jpg

looks like there is no AR at all or maybe one-side.. compared to the sexy bluish hue I've seen in pictures of other sohc? can anybody comment on that? I can see my face extremely clear on it too, like staring at a cheap plasma tv. My s-avenger I just see a blurry face.

DSC_0640_zpscc711c7b.jpg

bracelet has a funky smell..can't put my finger on what it is ..kinda like a candle?

Sparkal

Not sure how it compared to others as never had one, but its a nice looking rep watch you have there.

I would be happy and I am sure you could easily realign the bezel insert (again only ever done this with rolex and tudor so not sure with the big B

Sorry I cant help with versions but the only thing I would change is the strap, just not a fan of the big old holes in them.

Oh and does it smell like vanilla ... ish...? Thats what I find with rep rubber anyway.

At least it is not like rancid excrement like some members report!

solrac

Was none of this evident in the QC pics? AR, Lume, Spelling, Bezel?

sumodave

vanilla ahh.. that sounds about right

didn't get a lume shot, the spelling is a common caseback error for these i believe..not really concerned.

bezel and ar were difficult to tell from pics.

the only thing I'm really concerned about is the AR..was really hoping for that bluish tint but there seems to have a complete lack of ar in general..or maybe I'm just crazy

and the version was just wondering which one it was for future references. the only info I got was it was h-factory