Sign in to follow this  
MH_91

is something wrong with my new IWC top gun?

MH_91

Good day everyone,

i JUST got the watch today, i have ordered IWC top gun v3 from Toro, few weeks ago.

based on the YouTube videos that i saw about this replica watch, the "stopwatch" second hand works. However, mine is not working, and whenever i push the push buttons they don't do anything. Dose yours do this??

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

peakpower

What movement did you order?

MH_91

Asian 7750 Chronograph Movement

digger2

If you have followed the all around the forum advice to just shake the 7750 to make it going it is probably just not winded enough. If you have wound it you have a big problem.

MH_91

If you have followed the all around the forum advice to just shake the 7750 to make it going it is probably just not winded enough. If you have wound it you have a big problem.

Oh i have shacked that boy more than enough, the actual clock is working but the stop watch side is not working

just give everyone an idea of what is not working and working, here is a picture of it... Bloody hell this watch is sexy, but too bad it has this problem ;'(

awtdhc.jpg

Edited by MH_91

Edge22

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried with the crown in place?

In your picture it seem to be all the way out and then it won't work, at least mine doesn't when crown is out.

MH_91

In your picture it seem to be all the way out and then it won't work, at least mine doesn't when crown is out.

it goes... but i kinda have to use force to make it happen.

peakpower

Sorry, mate. There's definitely something wrong with it. The chrono should work if it's an A7750. Although you can sometimes have issues with the subdials on the A7750 resetting back to zero, the chrono function should work. Since your chrono barely moves at all, that means something is wrong. Since the watch is keeping correct time, whether you decide to get the chrono fixed is up to you. I normally don't use the chrono on reps, unless I've had them serviced, due to the aforementioned problem of them not resetting properly. If not having a chrono function bothers you, sending it back to the TD in China for repair could take a few months! Unfortunately, it's either contact the TD for a return, or you find a local watchsmith that doesn't mind working on a rep.

MH_91

Sorry, mate. There's definitely something wrong with it. The chrono should work if it's an A7750. Although you can sometimes have issues with the subdials on the A7750 resetting back to zero, the chrono function should work. Since your chrono barely moves at all, that means something is wrong. Since the watch is keeping correct time, whether you decide to get the chrono fixed is up to you. Sending it back to the TD in China for repair could take a few months! Unfortunately, it's either contact the TD for a return, or you find a local watchsmith that doesn't mind working on a rep.

Thanks mate! really appreciate the feedback. Kinda sucks to have a faulty one for your first replica watch.

i will just contact him and see what the next step will be.. in the meanwhile i will enjoy showing off this watch to my friends hahaha! but i will make sure no body touch the buttons :Whistle:

MH_91

now the crown is not letting me to adjust the day... just wonderful!

trailboss99

What are talking about here? What "Goes" and what are you having to force? Did you read up about the care and feeding of the 7750 before you started playing with this thing? http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6101

razorblade

If "it goes" refers to the chorno working, and "use force" refers to pressing the chrono button with some force then IT IS WORKING.

This is a typical A7750, do read up about the movement first!

watchman12345

The chrono takes a right good press on the chrono button... It actually feels like your breaking something!

Make sure you read about the 7750. Don't be messing with it. You need to read about when to change the date etc.

<RJ>

The chrono takes a right good press on the chrono button... It actually feels like your breaking something!

Make sure you read about the 7750. Don't be messing with it. You need to read about when to change the date etc.

+1

Many of my friends not into watches have had the same feelings as you op until i showed them how hard you have to press.

I dont think its easy to brake anything if you press real hard because of the button stops against the case so press harder.

Or read some more...

MH_91

:picard::picard2: OH lord i feel embarrassed! it's working, all i had to do is to press it hard like close to breaking it up.

thank you everyone for helping me out here, i really appreciated the kind help.

MH_91

What are talking about here? What "Goes" and what are you having to force? Did you read up about the care and feeding of the 7750 before you started playing with this thing? http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6101

Interesting, i had no clue about this, will keep an eye on this for next time.

Odyseus

Looks like the movement is lacking lubrication on the chromo internal levers? Suggest you get it serviced, if you intend keeping it?

<RJ>
:picard::picard2: OH lord i feel embarrassed! it's working, all i had to do is to press it hard like close to breaking it up.

thank you everyone for helping me out here, i really appreciated the kind help.

And now read so you don't destroy it by changing date the wrong way or something ^_^

watchman12345

Yes, read!

good13yes