Sign in to follow this  
deju

Graham diver tech seal v3 ...

deju

I just received this watch from Toro and I must say the Lume is unbelievably bright! Probably the brightest lume on a rep I've bought so far! (PAM127/PAM111 v3 aren't as bright) IMHO!

Literally stand at the window then walk away and you can see that it's charged already! Really nice.ynajajav.jpg

The build of the watch is good, the V3 was meant to improve the lever but mine was still wobbly, I read that I can use pliers on the lever but don't fancy it so I took some floss and wrapped it round in the gap and its perfect with little visibility: uve3edu7.jpg

I think if I run a black marker it will be totally un noticeable to the close eye.

The rest of the build feels really nice and the strap is good.

The watch does have a weird dirt/sack of potatoes smell that I will try to get rid of... If anyone has any ideas please share!

I'm a lefty and must say I don't find it uncomfortable to wear at all. And the lever sits nicely out the way.pevu8e5y.jpg

I personally feel that the watch movement could do with a service but it does run after leaving it on a winder.

Some people get hung up on 'super rep status'

My personal opinion of this watch is that it is a good built rep but it is not super rep status, it still has small niggles like:

the hex screws in the lever arm being poor quality e5aje5a9.jpg

Crown is squint by a millimeter:

gu9y3y3e.jpg

If your someone that likes good quality reps but not worried about the level that the PAM reps have created for super rep status, you will not go wrong with this watch :)

I love it :D

Sorry for the iPhone pics :(

gtwc

Nice 'mini' review.

You're right - the niggles won't show unless you get up real close & personal with it.

Enjoy \!!!

62ragtop

Nice review! just got mine from Toro (The Man, the Myth, the Legend...) a few days ago, and haven't had the chance to give it some wristtime and shakedown but I do like it... a serious "tool-watch" and a true diver as such... agree, the lume is excellent due to the thick markers and hands... I have a an old Citizen Aqualand Diver and this is pretty similiar in lume... enjoy mate!!! .......................yeah, and mine smell potatoe sack as well... :giggle:

Edited by 62ragtop

deju

I think mine needs a definite service it seems to stop dead after about 5-10 mins you can hear the rotor spinning furiously if you shake it... Starts and then stops :(

62ragtop

Hmmm, what a bugger mate... Just thinking; have you made sure the Crown is fully depressed? Just looking at your pics and it seems that the Crown is not in its fully closed position. If not that could explain why it goes into "start- stop - mode" every 5-10mins. After Reading your post I've had mine on last evening and the whole day today and It hasn't missed a beat. But comparing against your pics, my Crown sits flush with the "metal bar", hence it is in its closed postion. Try it and see what happens, if no luck, I suggest you get in touch with Toro and see what he says. Best of luck!!

deju

I've set it as flush as I can, will leave it running over night...fingers crossed!

Lume is soo good...

u8ube4a5.jpg

machiavegli

Nice mini review Deju, just ordered mine second hand from next store. It sucks that Graham models reviews always seem to find a bit of poor QC in them, from button issues to mildly off center chronos to reliability issues... I think they're just not powerful enough of a market to force the makers to really perfect them.

It's a shame because Graham is a perfect blend of over--the-top wrist presence and under-the-radar brand recognition, so you don't always need to feel you have to dress like you can afford a ridiculous watch (I hardly wear Parek for that reason). And they're fun!

-Mach

P.s. you're not crazy picky. We ALL are