Sign in to follow this  
sleepsus

QC Pics for LightGeek

sleepsus

Here you go, I'm interested to know what street garbage I picked up for approximately ~$84 USD (3500 PHP) from a local bazaar.

I'm not sure what movement it is, but it does hack and wind ... also it ticks relatively loud.

I haven't opened the case back as I don't have tools that won't ruin it in the process

20130409_151656_HDR_zps6cdcfe79.jpg

20130409_151803_zps1ca88271.jpg

20130409_151818_zps602abeb5.jpg

20130409_151832_zps3d01e007.jpg

20130409_151945_zpsc976d114.jpg

20130409_152129_zpscda25b6d.jpg

20130409_161743_HDR_zps4640a4e2.jpg

Edited by sleepsus

SSTEEL

Happy Feet for starters ;)

sleepsus

Let me know if you want specific shot angles, I'll try to capture them, but be warned, I'm only using a GNote 2 camera.

James.

greenhills?

sleepsus

greenhills?

Yes

wqleow

doesn't look too bad. it's not a UPO but for $84 bucks, it seems fair.

sleepsus

A couple more shots

20130409_163053_HDR_zps34e41744.jpg

20130409_163110_HDR_zps4469eae4.jpg

James.

look, it's a decent watch for what you paid but it's no super-rep and london to a brick it's got a 21j low beat heart. It's a decent watch and as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters

Wriggles

look, it's a decent watch for what you paid but it's no super-rep and london to a brick it's got a 21j low beat heart. It's a decent watch and as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters

Indeed, similar to the Silix special PO, and it's all about the owners needs and likes, certainly not a heap of junk for the money. Doubt it's 21j since OP says it ticks and winds, so manual handwind I think is the likely case, 6497 or something along those lines

LightGeek

Nah, it's just a bog standard 21j cheapo.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=26732

Prices vary, but the owner paid about what you would expect for such a piece.

regards

g.man

Hey props for doing this.

It is certainly a lower grade for various reasons such as the haphazard bezel font, bezel teeth, crown teeth... etc. There are a lot of little bits that make the TD offerings bit better. Now remember that individual tolerances and tastes vary so from a "newbie" perspective (not saying you are), the differences may be moot. On that point, we should agree to disagree so we keep friendly. Make sense?

I'm glad it says "Seamaster" rather than "Seamasti" :)

Xebryus

It's definitely not the worst thing I've seen someone purchase.

The 1 thing that immediately stood out was the pearl though.

sequel7

Correct me if I'm wrong but... Bezel too shiny?

scorpion

regards

g.man

It is certainly a lower grade for various reasons such as the haphazard bezel font, bezel teeth, crown teeth... etc. There are a lot of little bits that make the TD offerings bit better. Now remember that individual tolerances and tastes vary so from a "newbie" perspective (not saying you are), the differences may be moot. On that point, we should agree to disagree so we keep friendly. Make sense?

Seamasti is reserved only for Silix finest $35 specials, i have it on my PO and my Dad has it on his Seamaster Aqua Terra.

sleepsus

regards

g.man

But is it the same as on that link above to WI? Same one that goatboy purchased?

To me it certainly looks like it's the same, and I took these pics to show you and get your opinion if it is the common street garbage as originally claimed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sleepsus

sleepsus

This rep was actually a test fit for me. I was not sure I could pull off a 45mm on my small 6.75 wrist, so on a whim I went hunting for one and found this. Turns out, some days I can pull it off, some days it looks ridiculous :P

and it's the reason why I eventually went for the 42mm Cr PO, of which I am very pleased :)

LightGeek

regards

g.man

But is it the same as on that link above to WI? Same one that goatboy purchased?

To me it certainly looks like it's the same, and I took these pics to show you and get your opinion if it is the common street garbage as originally claimed.

No, it's not the same and it shows in the subtleties. Again, to folks on the street that just want to pick up these illicit watches, it's good enough. Get in, get out. Still, if it looks the same to you, then that's all that matters. As with anything, once you get entrenched or have some more working knowledge, you'll never look at them the same way. Ignorance is bliss! Not to call you ignorant :)

Having said that, I never called that stuff "garbage", that was the other folks. I had to go back and check :) This one is ok and fair for price paid.

NFleischer

Oh the dreaded Happy Feet! Honestly, it's not bad but I would have just put that $ towards the Ceramic PO version.

Much nicer and has ETA mov't ( Swiss they say, but.... who really knows). Enjoy it for what it is.

sleepsus
Oh the dreaded Happy Feet! Honestly, it's not bad but I would have just put that $ towards the Ceramic PO version.

Much nicer and has ETA mov't ( Swiss they say, but.... who really knows). Enjoy it for what it is.

I would know :-)

Check out the last pic of the first post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sleepsus

regards

g.man

No, it's not the same and it shows in the subtleties. Again, to folks on the street that just want to pick up these illicit watches, it's good enough. Get in, get out. Still, if it looks the same to you, then that's all that matters. As with anything, once you get entrenched or have some more working knowledge, you'll never look at them the same way. Ignorance is bliss! Not to call you ignorant :)

Having said that, I never called that stuff "garbage", that was the other folks. I had to go back and check :) This one is ok and fair for price paid.

This was my first ever rep, got it on a whim as I want to see if I could pull off a 45mm. Wasn't really concerned of the accuracy to gen.

It now sits in my watch box unworn, but not because it's too big. You are right, ignorance is bliss.

Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jcagara08

Mura lang!

Don't worry you'll find more better reps soon..I usually just order online than sourcing my reps locally

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

sleepsus
Mura lang!

Don't worry you'll find more better reps soon..I usually just order online than sourcing my reps locally

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, like my CrPO :)

e8avyden.jpg