Sign in to follow this  
cheeese

WatchInternational Panerai 8 days GMT

cheeese

I'm not a Pam guy but I saw this in the watch international special price watches. I've seen this dial in black and with a strap but is this a fantasy version?

IMG_7243.jpg

Steve227

It may be be my eyes but I can't see a gmt hand!

Edit: Yep, was my eyes!! There it is!

solrac

This is based on the Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT -- PAM 233. The dial colors seem off. Your pic of it is on the crappy side so its hard to make out any tells to my untrained eyes. All in all it looks pretty good to me.

Ref: http://www.panerai.com/en/watch-collection/historic-collection/luminor-1950/49-8-days-gmt/22-luminor-1950-8-days-gmt-pam00233

cheeese

This is based on the Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT -- PAM 233. The dial colors seem off. Your pic of it is on the crappy side so its hard to make out any tells to my untrained eyes. All in all it looks pretty good to me.

Ref: http://www.panerai.c...ys-gmt-pam00233

Thanks for the feedback. If the photos are accurate the dial is more of a tobacco or chocolate color plus the Lume color is off as well and those are pretty big tells unless it's based off of some limited edition - but damn I like that color and really don't care. Here's the WI post, they have two others with it. One is in black ceramic with a black dial and the other is stainless with a black dial but even on that one the hands on the sub dial seem wrong from the gen pictures I've been able to find. I guess that's why they have them discounted. I've already contacted Mary to order one and while I'm not qualified to do a PAM review I'll at least post some pictures in a few weeks when I get the watch. Now to find a strap or two that compliments that dial color.