Sign in to follow this  
sbo80

How to mod to a "destro"

sbo80

So my new favorite watch, thanks and credit to Timebandit and his thread on his vintage work, the 47mm EGI. But I wear watches on left, and can't handle that much watch with the cg against my hand. Would a mod to typical td available 47mm be very difficult? I know I've seen a pic of one. It had a seconds dial, so I'm thinking that was very custom. But if I went with the basic RP with no seconds dial, can the face just be mounted upside down and the bezel rotated so it looks correct with the cg on the left? I'm no watchsmith, so I guess my real question is whether it would be cheap or expensive to pay someone else to do it...

mellons

Not difficult- if you are keeping movement you need to shorten secs pin- some people clip these but can cause problems better off taking out, fining down and reinstalling. Alternatly shoot nightwatch a pm and see if he has destro gei dials with secs!

Most of the vintage builds use dial stickies instead of feet, so you can remove feet on a no secs dial (if it has them) and just rotqte and you are good to go...

mellons

If you are in us neckyzips could do this for you

Serge D

Marlin is #1