Sign in to follow this  
NOKIA6969

Looking for AP Diver Rep

NOKIA6969

Hi, I had a nightmare when a Rolex, given to me and previously given to my father, got lost/stolen (not sure which) I hadn't had to think about a watch for 25years. Now I'm looking at a fight with the insurers and a long wait to get a good priced 2nd hand Diver.

While looking I saw the reps are getting really good now. Having lived in BKK for 7y I know they can really vary in quality.

I would like a rep firstly while I wait to get a real one (could be a long time!) and secondly so I can wear it on "rougher" occasions when I wouldn't want to wear the real deal for fear of damaging it.

Looking at the AP Diver it seems crazy that there not waterproof! Only two buttons after all and Casio manage to waterproof for next to nothing. Im a diving instructor and generally in and out of the water a lot, it would be embarrassing and impractical to have to take it off! lol I have a friend dealer who is always getting Rolex's customised (They send the to mexico interestingly) and while they won't look at a rep, surely there are people out there who could waterproof a rep? I'm sure it must be possible.

Any help and advice will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Dom