Sign in to follow this  
James.

Super Reps - April 2013

ldegeneve

Semaj,

Sorry, let me clarify. It's not the lume color on the CrPO per se but the color of the dial markers themselves, in light. They're noticeably greener compared to the gen.

Which to me is almost as bad, if not worse than happy feet on the logo.

Edited by ldegeneve

James.

I chose to go with a noob sub because of the inconsistent reviews I found of the BP sub. I love my noob but might need to purchase BP and do a comparison. From what I hear the "super sub" noob is out...... but will be even better in a few months after addressing a few issues.

Yeah, the concensus on RG about that was the BP is still the best sub-C right now, too many issues with the noob. Angus was in the midst of seeing if it can be resolved though

jacobarch

Good stuff James!!!

You forgot a watch to add to the list tho.

The Montblanc timewalker non chrono is probably some of the best super reps around imo. It kind of fly under the radar but are beautiful

And I disagree with the Omega CPO I think they're gawd awful reps and should be taken off the list immediately!! :P No but really I think they're terrible reps.

Lev

Cheers mate! Been waiting for a good list like this! Very informative indeed!

Loonie

Links to pics would be nice. :tea:

The "list"

Audemars Piguet (AP):

All the AP chronographs advised have seconds at “12” unless specified otherwise

• AP ROO Diver V3-3.5
  • AP Montauk v2 & v1
  • AP Safari (updated version with silver outlined numerals and rounded pushers)
  • AP Rose Gold Rubber Clad (updated version with gold outlined numerals and rounded pushers)
  • AP Stainless Steel Rubber Clad (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP silver theme (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP chronopassion (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP White themes (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP grey themes (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP black themes ((Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP Rose Gold Don Ramon de la Cruz (Updated version w/ rounded pushers)
  • AP Royal Oak Jumbo (current new version) *under review*

Breitling:

Cartier:

Ebel:

Rolex:

• Anything from TC and BK
  • Rolex explorer II – N factory
  • Ceramic sub –BP factory
  • Ultimate DSSD
  • Ultimate “Super” sea-dweller (SSD)
  • Day-date 2 – N factory
  • Date-just 2 – N factory
  • Current versions of explorer 1 both 36 and 39mm
  • MBW/MW9/MBK sub

Panerai

Too many to list, see below link for an in-depth model analysis done by Ale on RWI

http://www.replica-w...iew-107365.html

Chopard

• Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono – grey

IWC

• Ingy Laureus (blue) N-factory
  • Mark XVII v2
  • Mark XVI v2
  • Big pilot 5004 *under review*
  • Pilot chrono 3717 latest version
  • Top gun chrono 3789 latest version
  • Aquatimer Cousteau diver 2006-08 versions
  • ingy (old version) w/ lello DWO
  • Anything from Concepta

Patek

Omega

• Ultimate Planet Ocean (UPO)
  • 42mm PO (latest ultimate version)
  • Planet Ocean Professional (Ploprof) v2
  • Ceramic Planet Ocean (latest version from N-factory)

JLC

Concord

• C1

Vacheron Constantin

• Overseas (latest ultimate Swiss ETA version w/ correct date wheel window)

Sinn

• Sinn U1
  • Sinn U2
  • Sinn UX
  • Sinn U1000
  • SoleBox U2

Graham

• Chronofighter

Dewitt

• Academia Chrono

Bell & Ross

• Bell & Ross BR02
  • Bell & Ross BR03-92
  • Bell & Ross BR03 type aviation swiss quartz

Tag Heuer

• Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chrono
  • TAG Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph
  • Aquaracer 500M Calibre 5

Hublot

• Diver 4ooo – v4 ultimate
  • caviar
  • v6 hublot Big Bang stainless steel
  • I’m sure there’s more but I know very little about HB’s, others input is needed.

Montblanc

• Montblanc timewalker chrono (new N-factory version)

TheSav

Keeping this updated will become like a part time job for you James. Except you won't get dental :P

James.

Keeping this updated will become like a part time job for you James. Except you won't get dental :P

hahaha indeed, unfortunately my responsibilities @ work are about to change so I doubt I'll be having the 3-4 free hours between 9-5 i'm used to to spend on here and keep on top of things. I'll try though.

TheSav

Damn work for eating up valuable forum time. I'm sure this topic will stay active for a while though as the debate continues.

James.

comment from the other RWG

Hello Semaj

Firstly, thank you for the efforts in generating this list! It is easy for everyone else to come and throw comments and forget that without such a list, there would not even be a platform for those comments! So thank you kindly to you.
thumbs.gif

The AP ROO reps are good, in my opinion, but not super reps, given the fact that the hand pinion and date window placement and depth are dead giveaways upon casual inspections of the dial. Please see the attachment, gen on left, rep on right.

post-39895-0-83929000-1366279160.jpg

The hand pinion tell is hard to avoid when its smack dead center of the dial. Also note the datewheel position of the rep, its further to the ring, closer to the tachy ring, and the datewheel having not as much "depth". From the pusher/crown side, the linear alignment of the crown with the pushers on the rep, compared with the non-aligned crown and pushers on the gen, are also fairly obvious tells. The gen case is also thinner by about 2mm for most of the rep ROO models.

This is just my humble 2 cents.. many still pull off the rep ROOs well.

Once again thank you for generating this super rep list.. it is very informative for me.
smile.png

Anyone else have an opinion on the date wheel placement on the ROO series? I personally think they should still be on the list, but they way I've designed this list is not as strict as as an example, Ale's PAM list on RWI. Popular opinion rules, however.

TheSav

I'm no expert but I think the pinion and date wheel placement are minor issues. I actually prefer the placement of the date window on the rep even if it is incorrect. It flows with the position of the numbers much better. As for the hand pinion, I am sure it would be a lot harder to spot in real size as opposed to an inflated pic. Plus, please tell me, who the fuck is going to notice a 2mm difference on thickness??

Whorologist

Shame there are not enough classy dress watches on this list. I guess they are just not popular enough

James.

CPO now classified as *under review*

- Issues of clear CB and imperfect movement

- AR and dial colour on 45mm version

It will, however, remain on the list. Unless/until a better replacement comes along that re-establish original status.

James.

Shame there are not enough classy dress watches on this list. I guess they are just not popular enough

There's a few IWC's on there that are dress watches, but generally no, I assume because the demand for rep dress watches is not as high the factories do not spend as much time in the R&D phase of their development

Ulysse Nardin Blue Surf a candidate?

Do you have some side by sides w/ gen or reviews? I personally would love to see a UN on the list.

Vbmrk

Great work/thread! Thank you for this!

court

I find it hard to believe this makes the list but the Carrera Caliber 16 Day Date does not?A

All the same this is a great list and very informative thread.

solrac

** Update - Review http://www.repgeek.c...ead.php?t=74921

Do you have some side by sides w/ gen or reviews? I personally would love to see a UN on the list.

Anyone have another link to this rep please? I dont want to sign up to RG. I too would love to see a UN on here.

thanks in advance.

machiavegli

Wow Semaj this was a lot of work, thanks bro!

Regarding the UN surf models ... I'm a huge fan and would say it's "super" without being a "super rep", for many reasons particularly the meh 23J with glitzy rotor on full display on the back. I'm planning to do a comparo of the 2 UNs I have soon.

-Mach

Corv99

Nice work!

Lots of work! Thanks for doing this mate, 24 followers and rising!

Kleen™

excellent work, møsjø:-)

Baldrick

ALL of my watches are SUPER REPS.......NONE of them cost me more than $150.00.......NONE of them are modded with the exception of different straps......NO-ONE has ever called me out on any of them.....and NONE of them cause me any grief.....how SUPER is that :D

Kleen™
ALL of my watches are SUPER REPS.......NONE of them cost me more than $150.00.......NONE of them are modded with the exception of different straps......NO-ONE has ever called me out on any of them.....and NONE of them cause me any grief.....how SUPER is that :D

That is, by any measure, pretty fuckin super in my book. Hope I'll be as lucky with my growing collection...