Sign in to follow this  
dancndaz

Wax your watch's bracelet?

dancndaz

Hi everyone.

I've read plenty about oiling your replica watch's bracelet to make it feel smooth and more like a gen. A couple different approaches plus recommendations as to what type of oil to use.

Well today I came across this natural carnauba wax for use on fine tobacco pipes. So, this got me to thinking if anyone has ever tried a nice wax and let's say a rotary tool or any other similar technique on a watch bracelet. If so, I wonder what kind of result it created. So what does everyone here think?

sconehead

A few of us use advanced dry lubricants, for mountain bikes and such. Also, another product that manages to lube and hide smallish swirls and scratches in the process is RainX...

AllergyDoc

By-Tor talks about putting a drop or two of car wax on his bracelets. I use the bike lubes the monkey referenced but macsac's method is great, too. I'm just too lazy to do it. :)

sconehead

@macsac, any chance of reposting it here? :popcorn:

Klink

@macsac,

ditto

: )

Thank you,

Klink

Life is Good!

dancndaz

Thanks everyone. I've read about bike chain lubes like "rock n roll"? The Rain-X idea sounds excellent also. What I'm thinking is I don't want to use something with a lot chemicals because it will be soaking into my wrist everyday. Any more thoughts?

fakemaster

Baby Oil

AllergyDoc
Thanks everyone. I've read about bike chain lubes like "rock n roll"? The Rain-X idea sounds excellent also. What I'm thinking is I don't want to use something with a lot chemicals because it will be soaking into my wrist everyday. Any more thoughts?

After you use the bike chain lube, you wash the bracelet with soap and water. There aren't any chemicals on it. No smell, no rash, no nothing but a shiny bracelet.

Over the years I've read where guys have soaked their bracelets in olive oil, mineral oil, WD40, vegetable oil, etc.