Sign in to follow this  
Mike777

Top gun Miramar

ticktickboom

Would love to see that Miramar repped to a good standard, was staring at some gens in a window today and they looked fantastic. Would be a nice casual wearer as well with some combats and a t-shirt.

ticktickboom

Indecently you could always grab a homage Parnis Pi100 to quash your needs...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARNIS-Pi100-PVD-48MM-TO-CROWN-GREEN-DIAL-TOP-GUN-PILOT-QUARTZ-CHRONO-WATCH-/370626609936

Looking at both versions of the Miramar the IW501902 on left and IW388002 on right. Would it be safe to assume the more likely to be repped would be the 46mm IW388002 given the fact the 7750 movement is already being used on the other other Top Gun models with date at 3:00?

A TD recently told me a factory should be working on this by now, if so do you think they will simply use the 44mm case already being used for the other Top Gun reps and change the colour of the face etc? not that 2mm makes a big difference, right?? Be nice to have an accurate version of the Miramar though as its such a nice piece.

373tugka.jpg

ticktickboom

Rep me..

miramar.jpg

mysterio

I would LOVE a 48mm version. This is the closest I have found... http://www.kuvarsit....roduct_id=32061

There is a closer rep, although of the 46mm one not the 48mm one.

d0c614d6b27b68b3a8a423036782b38f.jpg

At least the datewheel is now black not white which bugged the heck out of me. :lol: I might just pull the trigger on this baby.

Edited by mysterio

mysterio

Talking about this ? :)

http://www.azkronos....ian/iwc_279.htm

That's the same as the watch on KW for 12$ less. Size is a bit smaller than the gen by 2mm (46 vs 48). Pity about the PR subdial, same as the Big Pilot. It works but the position is wrong and there's that DAYSI flaw. That and the datewheel is white instead of black.

Barth

And Watch Eden has garbage watches with crappy customer service. Oops I said it.

mysterio

That is probably different from the one in Kuvarsit's website. Dial print quality is not the same. And the case is shiny, not matte like the one on KW's website.

ticktickboom

Just seen these uploaded on Joshs site Perfect Clones, looks like a new build, thoughts anyone?

Rolls-Man

Did anyone ever buy this watch from one of the TD here?

Pratt

no good rep for this piece so far.

wrong size 44mm instead of 46mm

wrong dial black color instead of grey

wrong case pvd instead of ceramic black

wrong date plate in white instead of black

wrong movement quartz instead of auto

Who knows where to get a closer one?

This is GEN : for comparison

P1020899_zps20084f90.jpgP1020905_zpsbfb673e3.jpg

black263

Reg sold me the Quartz Microstepper, and it's very pretty.

image1_zpsa05bc031.jpeg

HarleyMo

Reg sold me the Quartz Microstepper, and it's very pretty.

image1_zpsa05bc031.jpeg

I got this watch from Reg also, awhile ago, it was one of my favorites, unfortunately the stem is stuck and you cant screw it back down without changing the time. Not sure for the cost its worth getting fixed.

Pratt
Reg sold me the Quartz Microstepper, and it's very pretty. image1_zpsa05bc031.jpeg

just hope there will be an updated case and dial for this watch.. i got one of this as well ..

machiavegli

The Quartz microstepper rep is solid, fantastic quality for the price. I bought mine from Kuvarsit. There are two, date at 3'oclock (same as the Reg one pictured above) and the date at 6 o'clock version which is less accurate with wrong date wheel color (black type on white).

BTW the V2 rep is the correct gunmetal color case. Just the V1 was black case (I owned that too).

-Mach

Pratt

The Quartz microstepper rep is solid, fantastic quality for the price. I bought mine from Kuvarsit. There are two, date at 3'oclock (same as the Reg one pictured above) and the date at 6 o'clock version which is less accurate with wrong date wheel color (black type on white).

BTW the V2 rep is the correct gunmetal color case. Just the V1 was black case (I owned that too).

-Mach

u sure about the V2 is correct gunmetal colour ? i tot its still smoky pvd ?

higginsd

Correct. This watch (gen) has a polished, black ceramic case. And no "gunmetal".

Pratt

Correct. This watch (gen) has a polished, black ceramic case. And no "gunmetal".

yup its polished .. i have some pics of it. but the V2 just doesnt come close. Any confirmation.?

higginsd

No, even the V2 doesn't come close. The gen case is very... "special". You'll understand after you tried one at an AD. The only chance to get this correct is the BigPilot Miramar with the ceramic case - if you find a method to polish a ceramic case or a PVDed one.

After getting the case correct you need a gen dial because the color of both watches (Chrono or BP) is complete off.

After all this is no good rep. And that's a shame because this watch is very beautiful and has some long back reaching roots to the WWII pilots of IWC. The dial is like the Beobachter-B watches, the case is brilliant and the watch is extreme light-weighted.

Pratt

No, even the V2 doesn't come close. The gen case is very... "special". You'll understand after you tried one at an AD. The only chance to get this correct is the BigPilot Miramar with the ceramic case - if you find a method to polish a ceramic case or a PVDed one.

After getting the case correct you need a gen dial because the color of both watches (Chrono or BP) is complete off.

After all this is no good rep. And that's a shame because this watch is very beautiful and has some long back reaching roots to the WWII pilots of IWC. The dial is like the Beobachter-B watches, the case is brilliant and the watch is extreme light-weighted.

precisely .. i was thinking of polishing the case right . but thinking that the dial CMI, i gave up the idea !