Sign in to follow this  
wjalink

Loud movement?

wjalink

Yesterday I received the Breitling Skyland Avenger black steel from Mary. It looks great and almost exactly the same as the genuine (I checked with a jewelry shop nearby which had one original).

The only thing is that when I turn my wrist the watch sounds like if there is a small ball rolling through the case. It doesn't stop immediately but after a couple of seconds it lays still...

Is this normal? The watch seems to be working perfectly though. Can something be done to the 'rolling ball sound

The watch has the following movement: Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, 28800bph, Working Decorated, Engraced Rotor

Really would like to know if I can oil it up or something?!

Silverspeed

Perfectly normal...what you here is the rotor moving around to wind the main spring.

Luthier
Perfectly normal...what you here is the rotor moving around to wind the main spring.

+1.

The rotor attached to the mov't thru small ball bearing, that's what you hear. We all do.

:)

bme

That's what makes your watch more than a watch if you get my drift. It's a piece of engineering right there on your wrist........unlike a quartz which is a piece of high tech electronics.

Your watches soul is making that noise..........cherish it.

greg_r
Your watches soul is making that noise..........cherish it.

I always knew you were a poet at heart, bme. I like that. :D