Sign in to follow this  
Motoman4540

What Makes A TD a TD?

daeffy

TD's are selected based on positive notoriety within the community at large, and consistency in delivering quality product to the membership. There have been cases where a dealer remains a TD on one site while dropped on another - this depends in large part on a threat assessment undertaken by board management as to whether or not they are prepared to assume the risk that a dealer may pose to the site. Unfortunately, as is seen with many failing dealers, they can do well on small scale sales or smaller sites, but can't manage to keep up with the volume that a board such as ours drives. Know that all TD's that are listed on this board are assessed on these and other factors, and remain TD's here only when they can demonstrate that they deserve to be. Some have been delisted to "probationary status" and others dropped all together. Anyone with some time on this board has seen this in action (a couple of times).

I've wondered about this as well. Is there a specific vetting process involving specific metrics? How do you measure "positive notoriety within the community at large, and consistency in delivering quality product to the membership". How can you collect feedback if they are not on here as TDs? Also, does RWG approach a potential TD or is it the other way around?

Mazz

TD's are selected based on positive notoriety within the community at large, and consistency in delivering quality product to the membership. There have been cases where a dealer remains a TD on one site while dropped on another - this depends in large part on a threat assessment undertaken by board management as to whether or not they are prepared to assume the risk that a dealer may pose to the site. Unfortunately, as is seen with many failing dealers, they can do well on small scale sales or smaller sites, but can't manage to keep up with the volume that a board such as ours drives. Know that all TD's that are listed on this board are assessed on these and other factors, and remain TD's here only when they can demonstrate that they deserve to be. Some have been delisted to "probationary status" and others dropped all together. Anyone with some time on this board has seen this in action (a couple of times).

Basically this equals this

I've learnt something tonight - I always thought it was because "Greg says so"

daeffy

I knew it!!

greg_r

There are lots of factors involved. For dealers that have been around on the other boards it's easier as they're a known quantity. For less well-known dealers, it's a matter of getting to know them - and sometimes working with them until they're doing things the way we want them to.

Sometimes they approach us - other times we approach them. Not every dealer we talk to makes the grade - there have been a couple in the last year or so who just didn't work out.

The OP mentioned Ryan - who is a new dealer. If he continues to work out well, we may well offer him a spot here at some point. There are some dealers that are trusted elsewhere who will never make the trusted list here - we're fairly picky about who we bring aboard. Both Trevor and Watcheden are banned here, for instance, due to some questionable attempts to drum up business...

Note that we constantly re-evaluate the performance of our dealers - too many issues can cause them to lose their trusted status.

conx

There are lots of factors involved. For dealers that have been around on the other boards it's easier as they're a known quantity. For less well-known dealers, it's a matter of getting to know them - and sometimes working with them until they're doing things the way we want them to.

Sometimes they approach us - other times we approach them. Not every dealer we talk to makes the grade - there have been a couple in the last year or so who just didn't work out.

The OP mentioned Ryan - who is a new dealer. If he continues to work out well, we may well offer him a spot here at some point. There are some dealers that are trusted elsewhere who will never make the trusted list here - we're fairly picky about who we bring aboard. Both Trevor and Watcheden are banned here, for instance, due to some questionable attempts to drum up business...

Note that we constantly re-evaluate the performance of our dealers - too many issues can cause them to lose their trusted status.

I've learnt something tonight - I always thought it was because 'Greg says so'

I knew.

subiim

Each other ???

ticktickboom

I always thought the admin team had met them all personally and gone by their trusting looking faces....

chinese-vendor-fake-watches-small.jpg

chrish8

I always thought the admin team had met them all personally and gone by their trusting looking faces....

chinese-vendor-fake-watches-small.jpg

LOL :lmao: