Sign in to follow this  
daeffy

What's the longest you've waited for TD to source a watch

daeffy

Got 4 watches order order , 2 each from 2 different TDs.

Been waiting for the TDs to find them for a month.

Been reciting the mantra "Reps = Patience" "Reps = Patience"

Curious : what's the longest time you've waited for a TD to find your rep before you gave up and requested an alternative watch or a refund?

tanweekiat

Normally I will send the watch request I want to one TD to ask for stock, if he has it then I will send the money. If no stock, I will send email to the next TD in line. This goes on till I run out of TD, I will turn to forum search and PM those who share pic of the watch I want. (The famous GO Senator Sixties for e.g. Anyone willing to sell please PM me)

Normally if the TD have stock, the longest I waited is 2 weeks to get the QC pic and 3 weeks to get it by post.

Simon

arancini

Three months for a Noob 127 e.

Then when it finally did arrive, found it wore too big and sold it.

A member here really got a great deal on that one. :giggle:

RussP

1.5 months !!

My very first rep purchase from a TD.

TheSav

I've only placed 3 orders through 3 different TD's and all of them have only taken a month from payment to me receiving my parcel. I guess I've been lucky thus far. What are the 4 watches you have on order?

JohnS

I ordered 3 watches on 3/25 (all from the same TD). I'm hoping to get them by next friday on 4/26. So, 5 weeks.

But I have nothing to compare this to, since this is my first transaction. I'm in California, btw.

Edited by JohnS

R5tdi

Six weeks waiting for my special order big pilot just been told will be another few weeks till its ready

But in this game patience is a virtue :))

jeffrx

1 month is my longest

daeffy

Normally I will send the watch request I want to one TD to ask for stock, if he has it then I will send the money. If no stock, I will send email to the next TD in line. This goes on till I run out of TD, I will turn to forum search and PM those who share pic of the watch I want. (The famous GO Senator Sixties for e.g. Anyone willing to sell please PM me)

Normally if the TD have stock, the longest I waited is 2 weeks to get the QC pic and 3 weeks to get it by post.

Simon

That's what I did. Both said they could get watches, then came back and said not in stock - I guess this is understandable since they have usually don't have them "in hand" and have to go to factory.

tanweekiat

Care to tell us what watches are you getting?

yawn

A month now and still waiting my pp natulias from WI, 2 weeks wait because of tomb sweeping day and 2 weeks as the watch bezel has a scratch and they are dealing with it now

daeffy

I've only placed 3 orders through 3 different TD's and all of them have only taken a month from payment to me receiving my parcel. I guess I've been lucky thus far. What are the 4 watches you have on order?

8641835204_d284632a15_b.jpg

8663838719_1606534c5a_b.jpg

8664937924_2914faed09_b.jpg

8663838663_c6f85d9fd3_b.jpg

I know I sounds like Josh's butt boy, but if I had ordered from him I'd have had these 2 weeks ago at least.

WARBOT

OMG!!!! I'm glad we share the same taste in watches. Those exact 4 are on my want list. The first Oris is a real beauty!!

TheSav

I'm surprised they are having trouble sourcing the PO's. I'd have thought they be shipping them out by the container load. I really like that first Oris. What model is that?

tanweekiat
I'm surprised they are having trouble sourcing the PO's. I'd have thought they be shipping them out by the container load. I really like that first Oris. What model is that?

45.5 UPO is out of stock for many months.

daeffy

The first Oris is the Carlos Coste Chronograph Limited Edition. It's dreamy :)

daeffy

OMG!!!! I'm glad we share the same taste in watches. Those exact 4 are on my want list. The first Oris is a real beauty!!

:q5: :q5:

chrish8

Got my Oris Carlos Coste from Silix took Mark only a few days to source it. Ordered it early april got to my door april 15th. I think Timeshop also has it in stock

jeffw69

14 months.

jozobo

How is the quality of the Oris Carlos Coste? read an older review that the fake helium vavle had to be glued in and it was + 20 sec a day.

I'm guessing its not changed in the last years?

Edited by jozobo

subiim

I remember Robert got me a Big Pilot in 48 hours. Probably not the info you were after...

greg_r

Curious : what's the longest time you've waited for a TD to find your rep before you gave up and requested an alternative watch or a refund?

4 months.

DeLaForce

3 months after sending payment.

HeavyKrush

Curious : what's the longest time you've waited for a TD to "find your rep" before you gave up and requested an alternative watch or a refund?

Have never waited. If a TD ends up saying the watch isn't available after you've placed the order I ask for a refund or move to another watch.

daeffy

14 months.

Patient are you