Sign in to follow this  
Leedsbear

Modded 42mm Ceramic PO

Leedsbear

Finally got my 42mm Ceramic PO from Toro and fitted my new black Hirsch Medici strap with white stitching, ordered from www.watchobsession.co.uk and my double deployment / deployant clasp from RHD Bob Davies in the US. Love the combo - what do you guys think? Have a gen Submariner and a cheapish Orange PO from Reg which is great value for money. However wanted a better version and loved the ceramic 42mm with the glass back. Wanted a leather strap as a complete contradiction to my SS bracelet on my Submariner and saw one online and loved it. Have a 6.7inch wrist and despite liking the PAMs not sure I could carry it off and liked my PO so much – had to get this combo.

Lets review one at a time:

The RHD deployant clasp

No real reviews of this on rwg.bz and can't believe why not. Found out about it on RWI I think, absolute top quality and Bob is an absolute top top guy to deal with. His website is www.mywatchmaker.net/ the clasp including shipping to the UK was cheaper than a similar Hirsch model. Can't praise this clasp and service from Bob enough. Clasp was $39.95 plus 7 or 8 dollars for shipping.

The Hirsch Medici Strap

Found this online and ordered it as it has a curved end that butts up to the watch body perfectly ie not a straight edge end which leaves a gap at the lugs end - see pictures to illustrate. It has 8 different settings to ensure a perfect fit. Beautiful strap, lovely soft grain leather. Strap was £39.00 inc postage.

The Cr PO

All I can say is Wow. Absolutely love it and a big difference between the one from Reg. I'm aware of the slight flaws and there will be some who will say that I have moved away from genuine / replica parts, but its the exact overall look I was after. Double coloured lume looks great and is bright. The crystal is amazing or what crystal really as it is practically invisible. This is one thing that I wasn't keen about on my Orange PO in that it had a very blue-ish AR which made the face almost look brown and not black. The SS bracelet is also great and will no doubt swap it back from time to time.

Absolutely chuffed to bits with it and will keep my Gen Submariner off my wrist for a long time. Piccies:

8678246249_362031d3f6_z.jpg

8679357308_d2a51e0c85_z.jpg

8678246045_4e45ba7cb8_z.jpg

8678245583_dacc1ef9a7_z.jpg

JohnS

Wow! Really looks spot on. Great combo. I'd wear it everyday.

triplehd

Awesome strap and awesome combo.

conx

Very nice. Thanks for heads up on the deployant, very interesting, been looking at these myself.

How easy was it to find the correct setting on the strap?

Olly

Looks nice, deciding weather to get the pumpkin version or a TC but the TC is too expensive and small for me ?!?!?

Congrats

Indigo38

Ive done the exact same thing (but i have the hirsch deployment)

:)

Leedsbear

Conx -

Very nice. Thanks for heads up on the deployant, very interesting, been looking at these myself.

Pretty easy mate and got a bit lucky I think - you can buy a special Hirsch tool to give you the specific fitting you should use but I just guessed and got it right - its essentially a litle long plastic rectangle that is removable at the Lug part of the strap. It has two holes in it and you can remove and rotate the plastic fitting 90 degrees which gives you a total of 8 different fittings - check out these 2 pages for a bit more info including images http://www.watchstyle.co.uk/leonardo2.htm

Indigo38

Conx -

Pretty easy mate and got a bit lucky I think - you can buy a special Hirsch tool to give you the specific fitting you should use but I just guessed and got it right - its essentially a litle long plastic rectangle that is removable at the Lug part of the strap. It has two holes in it and you can remove and rotate the plastic fitting 90 degrees which gives you a total of 8 different fittings - check out these 2 pages for a bit more info including images http://www.watchstyl...k/leonardo2.htm

which position did you put the springbar in? :)

Bigssa

Looks great. Really like the combination of it all.

Leedsbear

Conx -

Pretty easy mate and got a bit lucky I think - you can buy a special Hirsch tool to give you the specific fitting you should use but I just guessed and got it right - its essentially a litle long plastic rectangle that is removable at the Lug part of the strap. It has two holes in it and you can remove and rotate the plastic fitting 90 degrees which gives you a total of 8 different fittings - check out these 2 pages for a bit more info including images http://www.watchstyl...k/leonardo2.htm

which position did you put the springbar in? :)

Position number 1 on mine.