Sign in to follow this  
DreambreaX

Tag Heuer Basel 2013

DreambreaX

Check this out!

4d7c014e8057b01d63ce97ced9a3acaa0748cb1d.jpg

transparent.png8e015da1a77bc4b4a9b588fa713f460c532693df.jpg

58e30f414f203247de80d1f442b7b260dfd01007.jpg06026599636ba6f98b65a400fed5bb881bf12708.jpg80e09979f4803e6ea5c1bd74fcce1a97f9dfcd9f.jpg9e4fe06ab8e7df0e42766f5563a899812263bade.jpgae6f52f4ab540c27828a4bc897814557ec7c6c58.jpg

fellowsis

Yep, the 36 flyback is a beaut. Much nicer than the standard 36 with its "brake caliper".

Hope to see this repped soon. One of the nicest offerings Baselworld has produced thus far.

James.

Its the fking 50th anniversary of the carrera and the Rolex Daytona this year, I expected ALOT more from TAG, Rolex, well they completely missed the boat to re-issue some classic tona designs like pandas or even, in my dreams, an updated Paul Newman... Can you imagine how quickly a reissued Paul Newman would sell out? Especially if upgraded to 40mm. This is one of the most disappointing basels in a long time, Rolex and tag should seriously review their marketing and design departments for not taking more advantage of these opportunities. Platinum Daytona with ugly fking brown bezel AND blue dial and the about unimaginative rehash? Bitch please.

fellowsis

Didn't Tag release the Jack Heuer Calibre 17 Semaj? I thought that was their anniversary model?

fellowsis

carrera-tag-heuer_zpsc952aa1e.jpg

I know it was released last year, but its a beauty...

James.

They did and imo it looks stunning but I don't think they took as much advantage of it than they could have. I'd loved to have seen different variations of it in dial combinations etc and even played off the heuer name more in the other Basel offerings. Tag were even beaten to the punch by omega with the ceramic re-issue and I think the speedy is a much better success than the Carreras. A lot less expected coming from omega.

James.

On the plus side with the jack heuer, I think it was priced rather well around $5k, though I don't know how limited in number it is.

fellowsis

3,000 pieces, which is well within reach of us heathen masses (time to remortgage the house...)

James.

O don't know, maybe its from all the hype and build up but the major players tend to disappoint me at the events, the smaller makers are the ones doing the good stuff, usually. They don't have a customer base they may risk losing if they change their design/style.

have you seen the new TT longines conquest?

http://photos.prnewswire.com/medias/switch.do?prefix=/appnb&page=/getStoryRemapDetails.do&prnid=20130424%252f610877%252db&action=details

fellowsis

I have, and that looks like their best offering, which is a shame. The Hydroconquest in this link looks cheap. look at the pearl, such a shame, as greg's on the banner in just fantastic. Maybe you're right about this being a disappointing year for basel. Time will tell I expect.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2013-04/24/baselworld-watch-fair-2013-instagram-pictures

James.

Its too easy to put an existing dial/movement into a ceramic case and call it a new design, unfortunately. I was glad with panerai's decision to do the 6154 style cases last year, and Tudor killed it too with the pelagos and bb. As you said, this year is very much a forum of mediocrity