Sign in to follow this  
EeZee

Silix Sub vs Toro Subs

EeZee

Hi guys,

so for my first purchases i decided to buy two submariners from Toro, since i've heard such good things. I settled on these two:

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=783

and

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=584

(Both on Asian 2813 movements)

I ordered April 16th and QC pictures and correspondence was second to none. Paid $35 for the express delivery and the watches arrived here in the UK, yesterday April 25th.

In the meantime, on a whim i saw one of Silix' special offers for a blue bezel sub, and decided to give that a punt at a fraction of the cost. Available here:

http://www.silix-pri...k8plji18b0h1un5

The total cost including delivery was a mere $51, and having put my order in on the 18th April it arrived promptly on April 24th, the day before Toros.

I was absolutely over the moon with silix, with it been my first replica i was very surprised at the quality of such a cheap watch. However, now Toros have arrived it is clear to see why you pay the extra $$ as it there are quite a lot of subtle differences.

IMG_2343.jpgIMG_2344.jpgIMG_2345.jpg

Toros (Black and Green) have a much more detailed and solid feeling bezel, less loose to twist than silix' and the white writing on the face is sharper. The zoom is also more realistic.

IMG_2346.jpgIMG_2347.jpg

The back of the blue silix sub. Notice the strap isn't authentic. The strap is very rattly in comparison to the toro versions.

IMG_2348.jpgIMG_2350.jpg

The back of the black toro sub.

All in all i love all three watches, the green is still wrapped up as i'm giving it to my dad and i will wear both the Toro and Silix versions. The Toro sub is better than Silix version but is also more than double the price, so just depends on budget. All in all very impressed and will be purchasing more from both dealers in the future.

Sorry about the poor quality iphone photos in advance.

scorpion

The difference in the bracelet is because the Toro one is the newer style and SIlix is old classic type. Also thats the big difference in the bezel - again Toro is ceramic new type and Silix is old type. The new style is to overcome the cheap look of even then gen bracelets which considering the cost always looked cheap and jangly.

I have a blue Silix myself and love the sunburst dial - i will soon buy the new ceramic model in blue as i like it so much.

Libertatia

The BP sub you got from toro is considered a ''super rep'', the cheap silix one isn't worth buying to be honest.

ineeda

Toro's sub is confirmed BP made?

Heisenberg

Bezel looks more like noob version to me.