Sign in to follow this  
Rlyeh

Josh Swiss ETA SS Sub

Rlyeh

I have SS sub from Josh SWISS ETA, it was working great for about 2 years. But recently started to stop...

My watchmaker said, it has problem with auto-rewind system, but he cant repair it because he dont have clone-eta parts, and get ETA parts wont fit on it.

Josh saying, it has SWISS ETA..

The question is, what can i do?

Where can i get parts for my movement?

KBH

Post a "Wanted to buy" for a broken clone movement maybe. But, it's probably cheaper just to buy a new movement than to have yours repaired.

What I would do is e mail Josh and tell him the story and ask if you can have his watchmaker repair it. Offer to pay for it and be polite and my guess is he'll tell you to send it back and will not charge you for the repair.

Rlyeh
Post a "Wanted to buy" for a broken clone movement maybe. But, it's probably cheaper just to buy a new movement than to have yours repaired.

What I would do is e mail Josh and tell him the story and ask if you can have his watchmaker repair it. Offer to pay for it and be polite and my guess is he'll tell you to send it back and will not charge you for the repair.

Josh rockz for sure:)

The question is - what movement is in my watch. If its swiss eta, like josh saying - why my watchmaker's gen ETA parts not fitting it?

KBH

Good question. I'm sure that quite often the dealers don't actually see what's on the inside and the factories have been know to lie. That's why so many members will tell you just to get the clone movement and save the extra money since you're not always going to get the Eta anyway.

If you post a couple of pictures of the movement we can give you an educated guess as to whether or not it's an Eta.

Rlyeh
Good question. I'm sure that quite often the dealers don't actually see what's on the inside and the factories have been know to lie. That's why so many members will tell you just to get the clone movement and save the extra money since you're not always going to get the Eta anyway.

If you post a couple of pictures of the movement we can give you an educated guess as to whether or not it's an Eta.

Will do, in couple days.

trailboss99

Chances are good it ain't an ETA then.

Mind you, most clone ETAs will accept gen bits so buggered if I know.

Col.

RolexAddict
My watchmaker said, it has problem with auto-rewind system, but he cant repair it because he dont have clone-eta parts, and get ETA parts wont fit on it.

this is wrong.

The last 2 weeks I have rebuilt 2 eta movements mixing parts from 2836-1, 2836-2, and other 28XX like 2834. No problem, Everything works fine.

For exemple, order eta parts from O'Frei or strait from eta/swatch in Switzerland, and rebuilt your ChinaSwiss object. Works fine.

I hope this cancer and polemic about pseudo Swiss clone and gen Swiss and Chinese stuff will stop one of these following days...

cybee

this is wrong.

The last 2 weeks I have rebuilt 2 eta movements mixing parts from 2836-1, 2836-2, and other 28XX like 2834. No problem, Everything works fine.

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that the clone 28XX movements will accept real Eta parts. I am not surprised if they do since they seem to be exactly identical.

@Rlyeh: is your watchmaker referring to the 'reversing wheels' in the winding bridge? If so that is a pretty easy fix, just replace the winding bridge.

cybee

That thread is interesting and the TimeTech article that was posted has some good info in it.

I agree 100% with RA's quote, "Nobody can prove anything." That's what makes you want to pull your hair out. :wacko:

Luthier

Maybe it's 21j, that's why ETA parts didn't fit?

Rlyeh

Hello guys.

I finally managed to take pics of my watch movement.

Red lines are the parts, my watchmaker needs to fix auto-wind mechanism.

Please, help me identify movement, and tell if its real to find replacement parts. If yes, where from?

http://mao.maxaon.net/public_html/P1020049.JPG

http://mao.maxaon.net/public_html/P1020052.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rlyeh

KBH

I appears to be a clone movement, though it's hard to tell for sure.

Maybe one of our European members has a broken movement that can help you out with a new winding bridge. Either Eta or clone should work.

Rlyeh

thanks for the reply.

so, is there no way to identify movement for sure?

and no vendors selling parts? :D

scope

OHMYGODITSAPANERIA was nice enough to send me a parts movement to repair my 2836. It might be a little while but I might be able to send you the parts you need.

Just let me know. ;)

Rlyeh
OHMYGODITSAPANERIA was nice enough to send me a parts movement to repair my 2836. It might be a little while but I might be able to send you the parts you need.

Just let me know. :yoda:

wow!!

really?

how can we arrange that bro?

really really thanks in advance!

p.s so what movement was in my "swiss eta ss sub" ;) ?

scope

Just let me know. :frusty:

wow!!

really?

how can we arrange that bro?

really really thanks in advance!

p.s so what movement was in my "swiss eta ss sub" :D ?

It looks like the same swiss eta in mine? I should recieve the parts in the mail but not sure when. Just p.m. me your address and I will pass them along. :choke:

KBH

Riveh, check out this post and you can get a better idea of clone or gen movement. It's hard to tell on your picture for sure.

clone versus Eta

OHMYGODITSAPANERAI

Scope, the parts are on their way to you. Went out earlier this week. I would think they should arrive today or tomorrow.

I think I have another dead clone movement here that I can pull those parts from or send off if you dont want to part with what I sent you.

YEP, I have another clone 2836-2 that is missing the keyless works and date mechanism. The entire winding system and back of the watch are just fine.

Rlyeh, go ahead and send me a PM and I will snap some pics and send them off to you.

Rlyeh

So, guys, any chance any of you can send me parts needed for replacing winding bridge for my watch?

Just say the price...

dingle
So, guys, any chance any of you can send me parts needed for replacing winding bridge for my watch?

Just say the price...

Please adjust the size of your pics so that they fit the board. Thanks. :yoda:

Tressles61
Maybe it's 21j, that's why ETA parts didn't fit?

Excellent point Luth but didn't the 2836 only come in a 25j version?

Rlyeh

I still dont have confirmation that someone can send me parts to repair auto winding system ;)

Guys, plz, tell me where i can buy it? Or i now need to replace entire movement? :(

Thanks for the answer.

trailboss99

Mate, if you look at post 19 above. OMGiaP is just waiting for an addy to send 'em to.

Col.

KBH

Just for future reference, here's the Cousins UK part numbers and prices:

ETA28201530 ETA 2820 1530 Auto Reverser Wheel Without Pinion £2.95

ETA282014885 ETA 2820 1488.5 Auto Reverser Wheel with Pinion and Jewels £12.95

ETA28201488 ETA 2820 1488 Auto Reverser Wheel with Pinion £4.50

Most of the time it's the wheel with pinion that goes bad.