Sign in to follow this  
Pennapolis

"There are no perfect reps"

Pennapolis

"There are no perfect Reps"..........I've read this all over this forum. And I accept that fact......no problem.

Still......I would think that some watch manufacturers are easier to rep than others.

Panerai watches are extremely appealing to me.....I don't know if it's the masculinity of the watch or it's simplistic vintage looks. Aside from the movements, are Panerai watches easier to rep than others? Are they the hardest to tell whether it's a rep or not? Especially, if they are repped by a quality TD?

Thanks for putting up with another one of my noob questions.

:lolcina:

Pennapolis!

gtwc

Yes there are ......they're called gens !

solrac

"There are no perfect Reps"..........I've read this all over this forum. And I accept that fact......no problem.

Still......I would think that some watch manufacturers are easier to rep than others.

Panerai watches are extremely appealing to me.....I don't know if it's the masculinity of the watch or it's simplistic vintage looks. Aside from the movements, are Panerai watches easier to rep than others? Are they the hardest to tell whether it's a rep or not? Especially, if they are repped by a quality TD?

Pennapolis!

To answer your question literally -- they are getting closer and closer everyday. Certain things are improved while others are disregarded. One thing that will always get them, as you stated, is the movement. I doubt we'll see a P9000 or P2005 anytime soon.

But if youre into PAMs, you're in a good place -- these are getting better and better, almost on a daily basis.

Enjoy.

Wriggles

And to be pedantic, the TD's do not rep the watches, they are dealers, the watches are repped in "factories"

Frankt8242

Perfection, historically, usually leads to martyrdom....Ask Jesus...!!! :giggle: :giggle:

Pennapolis

LOL!!! Thanks guys! All good answers......

HWG

a rep is a rep is a rep is a rep..... if you want that undistinguishable look, buy a gen. dont ever expect to pass a rep off as gen to anyone.

dingle

Especially, if they are repped by a quality TD?

when_someone_is_wrong.gif

Pennapolis
a rep is a rep is a rep is a rep..... if you want that undistinguishable look, buy a gen. dont ever expect to pass a rep off as gen to anyone.

No doubt! Like I said.......I believe that there's no perfect rep......the best rep isn't a rep....it's a gen.

Realism

what's this thread for?

Pennapolis

evidently just another one of my stupid pointless questions..........at least I learned a little something new.

Edited by Pennapolis

dasselin

No No you are wrong I check on google and there are 1000 of them. It’s on the WEB and goole sais so

And what on the web is the gospel truth cause you can’t put stuff on the web that isn’t the truth. :stupid:

Pennapolis

My God.....what have I done......... :picard::killkenny:

Visioneer

Buy it...enjoy it for few years....if it breaks...buy it..enjoy it for a few years... I think you get the picture. I like simple, and watch buying after spending time on this site is easy and fun. Well, the money spent is an entirely different story.

Olly

:lmao2:

LightGeek
what's this thread for?

... +1

onzenuub

Pennapolis!

There are super reps, o yeah. Just go to section 10 on this board and you will see.

Pennapolis

You know what.....? I think I'm just going to shut up already and order my first rep. Then I'll have something worth posting, yeah?

I have way too many posts on this forum to not have one already! Sometimes I over-analyze things......Thanks for everyone's reply's though. :D

Edited by Pennapolis

arancini

Who is That?

Gorgeous!

frogflyer

You've chummed the waters in your troll boat ;p

timetech08

the best perfect rep is the one u love

Pennapolis

^^^^^^^^^^^Very true.......!

And just to be clear to everyone......someone on the homage forum turned me on to this forum because I was having issues with Getat and it was being monitored here (It took 4 months for my watch to arrive to me here in Tucson). So I'm not a troll or anything like that. I had some misconceptions on what this forum was all about originally. I thought it was about BUILDING reps not just buying them. Hence sometimes I ask questions to get a clearer picture of an issue. Anyway........I'll try to do a better job searching the threads before asking more questions. You guys are great........I don't care about the insults or teasing.....as I said, I actually DID learn a few things in this thread.

BTW.....it may not be a rep......but I love my cheap Getat MM. Even with all my gens......this one is my favorite!

jeffw69

the best perfect rep is the one u love

:wub:

True dat!

greg_r

:clap:

Welcome to RWG :D

James.

All my reps are perfect.