Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Rolex Explorer II - White and Black

LightGeek

Love both. Added a glidelock clasp to the black and will probably do the same to the white. Lume is fantastic, though the white has some cavitation. The dots are blue because I took them outside earlier.

Biggest difference other than the hands, is the date wheel font -- the black has a thicker font. Seems to be the case from other folks pics.

This pair is the proclaimed "noob 1:1 best" from WatchInternational.

esyje4yq.jpg

y4e8anar.jpg

ubu7anuv.jpg

1959LesPaul

Interesting. Definitely a noticeable difference in the date fonts.

I have the white version ordered from Josh and my date font, at least to my eyes seems thicker than on yours.

Check out mine:

20130506132508.jpg

BTW, where did you get the glidelock clasp?

LightGeek

I have the white version ordered from Josh and my date font, at least to my eyes seems thicker than on yours.

Check out mine:

20130506132508.jpg

The date font on yours is also a lot larger (almost hitting the window edges). Your 6 o'clock marker also has a "6-pack" :)

Olly

Do you have any pics of the glide lock attached and where did you get it, thinking of doing it to my Explorer's too ?

Thanks,

LightGeek

ahaze6ar.jpg

Swapped from a Sub which I then sold on M2M.

Olly

Thanks, the only reason i want to change them is because the buckle doesn't close properly.

Thanks mate :)

LightGeek

Thanks, the only reason i want to change them is because the buckle doesn't close properly.

Pfft. Comfort +1, Look 0

Hah.

Olly

Pfft. Comfort +1, Look 0

Hah.

Yer i suppose that too, the glide lock Sub i had was extremely comfy

frapzzor

Trying to make up my mind wheter to go black or white, Have you noticed any diffrences Lightgeek? which one do you prefer most and why?

don't have the funds to buy both sadly :(

LightGeek
Trying to make up my mind wheter to go black or white, Have you noticed any diffrences Lightgeek? which one do you prefer most and why?

If you have to just get one, go for the black. That one can be both sporty and somewhat dressy too. The white calls too much attention to itself tucked under a dress shirt or jacket.

Olly

If you have to just get one, go for the black. That one can be both sporty and somewhat dressy too. The white calls too much attention to itself tucked under a dress shirt or jacket.

This +1m The white is extremely obvious and the black is very subtle and under cover Rolex. :D

Olly

Savi

I have to say I've got the white dial and prefer it over the black dial, each to their own. The one thing with the black dial is that it has a gloss dial whereas it should be semi-matte to be true to the gen, but thats a simple mod if you a confident enough to do it

Edited by Savi

LightGeek
I have to say I've got the white dial and prefer it over the black dial, each to their own. The one thing with the black dial is that it has a gloss dial whereas it should be semi-matte to be true to the gen, but thats a simple mod if you a confident enough to do it

I prefer the jet black glossy dial... Though fantasy :)

part_timer

I have a BRAND NEW "Noob 2836 1:1 best" from WatchInternational in WHITE" ...... still wrapped in original sellophane.

Ready to straight swap for a working used BLACK dial version.

Anyone is tempted....? :Whistle:

PM me if your interested. :)

LightGeek

One look at that perfect centered date with AR cyclops is enough to make you forget about the glossy dial. I haven't worn this is over two weeks...

4arymy4y.jpg

jcagara08

how many versions had been released for this model?

which is the best version the black or white dial as per gen?

LOL I am not trying to ask like" who has the best sub?" hell no LOL

Vibramute64

Great pics! I have a white Exp II that I like so much I ordered a black dial from Sead last night.

browsing1

I find that the "problem" with this watch is that the GMT hand tends to stop functioning after a month. I am not an expert on this but I believe that the GMT hand is propelled by some connection to the hour hand, and that this connection malfunctions after some time.

Anyone has a similar issue?

J.S.

Mine Exp II 25J asian only have GMT hand stopping problems when crown has been screwed fully in. Then GMT hand will stop after running 2 or more hours. When I don't screw it fully in, GMT hand will run like warm butter and has no problems.

mudman1

Is this some sort of conspiracy ? Just as I was thinking an Exp II would be a good buy, someone post great pictures of just that watch. :)

Leedsbear

love them in either colour - definitely on the list.

deja123

Check out mine:

20130506132508.jpg

1959LesPaul this seems not to be the ultimate Noob Explorer...different lume dial/hands, rolex in the rehault....

gran

I almost missed that Reinhold Messners feet tips are missing from frostbite because he was wearing this explorer...

Reinhold-Messner-Rolex-Explorer-II.jpg

Rustbucket

Got the white ASIAN version from Mary a while back. GMT needle still works fine.

Spotted another difference from the gen though...The colour of the GMT needle is much too dark. The colour on the gen GMT needle is the same lighter orange shade as the "EXPLORER".

RB

Chairman7w

Wow - these look great. Fantastic watches, mate. On my wishlist for sure.