Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Rolex Explorer II - White and Black

1959LesPaul

Interesting. Definitely a noticeable difference in the date fonts.

I have the white version ordered from Josh and my date font, at least to my eyes seems thicker than on yours.

Check out mine:

20130506132508.jpg

BTW, where did you get the glidelock clasp?

1959LesPaul this seems not to be the ultimate Noob Explorer...different lume dial/hands, rolex in the rehault....

Interesting. Any idea where I can get one? My Explorer II in the pic just died. :-(

catfish1

Looks super!

Chairman7w

How do you set the GMT hand?

stormtooper4

Select the date changing position and turn the crown in the opposite direction. It's gen like in that it jump/ clicks hourly

Flaguyinetown

I have a white Noob super rep Explorer 2. I was at the Rolex AD last week. When I looked at the Gen, the one thing that really popped out was that the orange font for Explorer II on the dial is 10x brighter.

Not sure about anyone else's but it seems that it's pretty faint on mine.

I think the other maker's version seems better in that regard.

DreambreaX

really good pictures

grgz

I have a white Noob super rep Explorer 2. I was at the Rolex AD last week. When I looked at the Gen, the one thing that really popped out was that the orange font for Explorer II on the dial is 10x brighter.

Not sure about anyone else's but it seems that it's pretty faint on mine.

I think the other maker's version seems better in that regard.

Well, don't bet on it. Mine is the Ultimate version (not NOOB Factory) and to my great disappointment the EXPLORER II logo faded so much that it's difficult to see.

Does anyone know from whom of the trusted dealers can i order a new dial?

Boxbrownie

Select the date changing position and turn the crown in the opposite direction. It's gen like in that it jump/ clicks hourly

But thats wrong, the gen article hour hand jumps each hour when turning the crown opposite from the date adjustment, the 24hr hand is adjusted by pulling the crown out fully, are there any that work as the gen article?

LightGeek

But thats wrong, the gen article hour hand jumps each hour when turning the crown opposite from the date adjustment, the 24hr hand is adjusted by pulling the crown out fully, are there any that work as the gen article?

No, there aren't. I have access to a gen and at wrist level, there is no perceptible difference. You won't notice the wrong hand stack, or know you don't adjust the hour hand as GMT.

rolliesdonttiktok

beautiful watches!

peteTO

loving the white faced EX2. My date wheel is too low through most of the dates but quality level is top notch. Lume is a touch lumpy on the 12 hour marker but not super noticeable unless I really stare (which I do often as this watch is beautiful).

Pete

Boxbrownie

No, there aren't. I have access to a gen and at wrist level, there is no perceptible difference. You won't notice the wrong hand stack, or know you don't adjust the hour hand as GMT.

Thanks for that, just wondered.......what I don't get though is my gen Omega GMT operates much the same as the Rolex GMT, but the Omega uses an ETA movement, so if the looky-likey version is supposed to use a genuine ETA movement why does it operate differently from the gen Omega?

Cannibal

I owned a gen black a number of years ago. The Black ExpII is a great watch, but I just ordered a white in 42mm. Wanted something a little more blingy looking. :) Great pix!

Butcher

Nice choice! I like the white face better, impo

Cannibal

BTW where do you get the micro-adjust clasp and how much are they? TIA

LightGeek
BTW where do you get the micro-adjust clasp and how much are they? TIA

Order a glide lock clasp or bracelet from your favourite TD.

blaze4v

Anybody know when the white explorer II is going to be available again?

Mick@666

My explorer ii is perfect except the GMT hand goes out of sync after a few days?loses time..it's been like it since I bought it a year or so ago?any ideas..

tirillo.mau

I love it

Clinkinfo

I'm wearing my gen black face. That's not how it works, there is no "date" setting on the gen, it's an hour hand setting position in both directions.

When you pull the crown out to the time setting possition (2 clicks out), the 24 hour hand adjusts smoothly with the time you are setting. In other words, the hands are all syncronized, and any time you set moves the 24 hour hand relative to the changes you make. Relative, because:

When you put the crown in the 1st click out position, you are independently setting the 12 hour hand. There isn't a "date" setting position, you set the date by spining the hour hand around the dial. This allows you to adjust timezones both forward and backward. when in this position, the 24 hour hand is NOT moving. Therefore, you can select any hour you want, leaving the 24 hour hand frozen to whatever you left it at when setting the time.

So in practicality, you set the time to whaetever settiing puts the 24 hour hand setting where you want first, then you click in and move the hour hand to the correct "hour" for the timezone you want on the hour hand to show.

Hope that makes sense.