Sign in to follow this  
flopthefeesh

Buying my first rep

flopthefeesh

I'm excited to be buying my first replica watch! I have narrowed it down to two choices that I am having a hard time deciding between, but I promise to upload plenty of pictures once my choice arrives :)

These are what I have narrowed it down to:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/6138417/

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=26259

Any input would be appreciated!

fatarms

Both are awesome, everyone gets a Sub first. Be different :P

TheSav

Not a rolex fan myself but if I HAD to choose between those it would be the gmt. Good luck and happy hunting.

flopthefeesh

The sub /does/ have that classic look that I desire but by no means does the GMT look bad. I think I'd be able to make my decision easier if I knew what the numbers on their bezels meant.

Edited by flopthefeesh

flyr

Do some reading on the GMT gear train for the 2836 movement before you make your final choice. ( There have been problems) That said , I have a 2836 GMT that has run fine. Didn't want to make things harder but I thought you should know.

flopthefeesh
Do some reading on the GMT gear train for the 2836 movement before you make your final choice. ( There have been problems) That said , I have a 2836 GMT that has run fine. Didn't want to make things harder but I thought you should know.

I saw that; I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the sub. I want reliability in my watch and the sub looks like it wins in that aspect. I think it looks a bit better as well, it's got that classic style.

reximda

You may as well get them both now, and save yourself the trouble of ordering again the day after your first one arrives. Just sayin...

flopthefeesh

I only have the money to be buying one. I only work minimum wage once a week. If only, man. If only.

PeterPotamus

I prefer the GMT

Explanation copied from WUS

Link: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/rolex-gmt-bezel-functionality-how-do-you-use-670307.html

1. set the 24 triangle dead on the 12 o'clock marker

2. set the green hand to GMT time (minute hand should match your local time)

3. set the hour hand to your local time

4. if you are in your local zone, the hour and minute hand reads local time (1st time zone)

5. if you look at the green hand and minute hand that's GMT (2nd time zone)

6. now you can move the bezel up or down X many clicks to reflect the 3rd time zone. e.g. if you live in EST, london is 5 hrs ahead and if you turn the bezel 8 clicks back the green hand should reflect PST.

Here is mine :)

gmtmiic01_zps559b7de9.jpggmtmiic04_zps43463e3d.jpggmtmiic02_zpsba61ad26.jpg

flopthefeesh

Ohh that is very tempting. I really wish I could buy both, but there's no money for that. I am going to choose the sub for now because my friends dad gave my friend his black sub and we can be sub buds.

Guyute

To paraphrase Jeffw, if you are working minimum wage 1 day a week, FFS, buy bread!

flopthefeesh

I only work for spending money and the occasional lunch every once in a while. I am still in high school; I'm almost 18 so I'll still live with my parents until I graduate next month and go of to the Navy a couple months after that.

flyr

Heading into the NAVY! Get a G-SHOCK!

flopthefeesh

I think I'll pass on the G-Shock idea. Those things are disgusting!

flyr

snapback.pngflopthefeesh, on 06 May 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

I think I'll pass on the G-Shock idea. Those things are disgusting!

Ugly maybe,Reliable DEFINITELY!

conx

If you don't need the duel time capability of the GMT, it makes sense to choose the sub.

flopthefeesh

I just ordered the sub from trustytime; MR wouldn't accept PayPal but I had $150 in my Paypal balance, so I had to choose trusty. I hope all goes well; ill keep you guys updated

Edited by flopthefeesh

flopthefeesh

It is almost here! The ems tracking info says inbound into customs on USPS.com --hopefully there's no issue there. I am kicking myself for not getting that GMT master II. I never thought so before, but now I believe that it is truly a way greater looking watch. Too late now I guess :/

LightGeek

Both are awesome, everyone gets a Sub first. Be different :P

+1

I just bought another black ceramic sub and I find since I first got one 8 months ago, it's actually a pretty ugly watch. Now I remember why I sold it. There are plenty of other rep watches in the sea. Be different!

flopthefeesh

It's way too late now! Wish I woulda listened to your advice. How did you go about selling yours?

LightGeek

It's way too late now! Wish I woulda listened to your advice. How did you go about selling yours?

In the M2M marketplace here. I've only bought another one to see if I can live with it when it has an upgraded date wheel (I might do tonight).

flopthefeesh

If I am still pretty dissatisfied with the watch after actually receiving it; I may have to sell it and get a GMT. I hope it's looks in person convince me otherwise. Is there a manual on how to set it somewhere? I don't want to go on breaking the thing the second I get it...

LightGeek

If I am still pretty dissatisfied with the watch after actually receiving it; I may have to sell it and get a GMT. I hope it's looks in person convince me otherwise. Is there a manual on how to set it somewhere? I don't want to go on breaking the thing the second I get it...

Note that you won't be able to see here on the marketplace until you meet certain criteria:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=36299

Having said that, the GMT works fine but keep in mind it's not something you want to continually fiddle with. As for how to set it, do a search on GMT and slipping. That should get you started.

flopthefeesh

I can see the marketplace just fine but I was looking for directions to set the time on my sub.

LightGeek
I can see the marketplace just fine but I was looking for directions to set the time on my sub.

Is it the best sub?