Sign in to follow this  
Baxi90

VINTAGE ROLEX SUBMARINER 5517 (T) EDITION

Baxi90

If it was 1:1 to the original it should have fixed springbars

it does, from the pics you cant tell, at least, spring bars are the" bars" where you link the bracelet to the watch basically yeah?!.

Yes fixed means they are non removable and can only be worn on a NATO. Strap

yes than, it does have them, the strap is really tight and from the picture you cant see it, but yes the springbars are attached to the watch! all good :-), i will take some pics as i said as soon as i can so you can maybe spot something that i am missing!

Baxi90

No he isn't. He's pointing out that no rep is 1:1, and that you shouldn't believe everything you read about parts being interchangeable ;)

thanks for the interest shown guys but i aint that stupid after all, of course i do know that there is no 1:1 , when i say 1:1 i mean very close to the original and yes, some parts can be exchanged! :)

I purchased this beautiful watch by Trevor because he is the only one i managed to find that had a 1:1 replica against genuine since all parts are interchangeable with the genuine, which for me is really important because it shows how accurately and perfectly it has been reproduced.

Some parts, maybe, but not all parts as indicated in the original post. No one is having a dig here, but please don't believe the hype on rep dealers websites. Most of it can be taken with a pinch of salt ;)

my bad, omg , i am getting absolutely killed because of that sentence! lol!

GWT

Moreover he doesn't have a submariner at all it is a 1665 case set, if I remember correctly that should be vintage Sea Dweller. Yea I am correct!!

BaggyPants

Don't sweat it :)

Baxi90

Moreover he doesn't have a submariner at all it is a 1665 case set, if I remember correctly that should be vintage Sea Dweller. Yea I am correct!!

i know that, but its a replica, isnt it, and i had a look at a few of them, and this is the best ive seen, they used the case of a vintage sea dweller, but what can i do about it?! thats why i did take the picture, ive nothing to hide ;-).

black263

No he isn't. He's pointing out that no rep is 1:1, and that you shouldn't believe everything you read about parts being interchangeable ;)

thanks for the interest shown guys but i aint that stupid after all, of course i do know that there is no 1:1 , when i say 1:1 i mean very close to the original and yes, some parts can be exchanged! :)

I purchased this beautiful watch by Trevor because he is the only one i managed to find that had a 1:1 replica against genuine since all parts are interchangeable with the genuine, which for me is really important because it shows how accurately and perfectly it has been reproduced.

Some parts, maybe, but not all parts as indicated in the original post. No one is having a dig here, but please don't believe the hype on rep dealers websites. Most of it can be taken with a pinch of salt ;)

We were all there once. Do lots of reading, and try searching for 1:1. Nearly a thousand threads.

Baxi90

We were all there once. Do lots of reading, and try searching for 1:1. Nearly a thousand threads.

:salute: i know, i know, jjust really liking the watch, becuause first of all is a beautiful rep of the actual watch, some minor imperfections but its a rep, all of them do have imperfection, plus this is a $90.000 watch n real life and 100 or 200 has been made, so obviously its not the watch that yuo wear to go and fool the AD, im sure that they would be all quiet suprised to see me walking with "history" on my wrist, lol. but yeah definitely it looks great, and im really happy!

dossman50

spify , look good

SSTEEL

Lovely timepiece brother!

Really nice watch:)

Trevor's also a great TD (not here on RWG) but on RWI, always had great service from him:)

I echo the above :)

andrewss

There's a man who knows his James Bond !!

rusky27

Enjoy your new purchase mate: mine says hi.

D2CA4F85-75D3-4E0D-9484-FA295AD68FAD-1724-000001CE2C8F9095.jpg

themannier

Ho, Baxi90, you finally got it, this Watch is so nice, congrats !

rusky27

Met a guy who worked with a roady setting up a gig who had his dads gen one, siad his dad was S.B.S it was pretty beat up and had no bezel but still he said it wasn't for sale. So my man directed him to look it up on on the internet as he was steel erecting with it on - a think somthing so rare that he had no idea. Next day he was wearing a digital. and thanked him for his advice.

Edited by rusky27

Steve227

I'm with Baxi, all mine are 1:1 too, dealer told me and put in writing for me in an email, still got it....................lol

Sweet watch tho mate, wear in good health :-)

paulc

I like it mate, got one similar and the nato does it the world of good. enjoy it!

hava

i love these wathc? has bezel contruction like gen

Baxi90

i love these wathc? has bezel contruction like gen

yes!!

Baxi90

Enjoy your new purchase mate: mine says hi.

D2CA4F85-75D3-4E0D-9484-FA295AD68FAD-1724-000001CE2C8F9095.jpg

pure class mate!!!;-)

Baxi90

Ho, Baxi90, you finally got it, this Watch is so nice, congrats !

yeap. loven it, but unfortunately i did drink a bit too much on a night out and had a problem lol, i wasbanging it left and right up and down and the bezel came off now, trevor told me to send it back he is going to fix it, but i beleiave it takes ages, do you know wnyehre or anybody who could fix it for me?!

Lovely timepiece brother!

Really nice watch:)

Trevor's also a great TD (not here on RWG) but on RWI, always had great service from him:)

I echo the above :)

:-) cheers bro

Baxi90

I'm with Baxi, all mine are 1:1 too, dealer told me and put in writing for me in an email, still got it....................lol

Sweet watch tho mate, wear in good health :-)

;-) cheers

J!m

My favorite sub of all time... Really nice!

Here's mine- getting ready to go under the knife again...

5517project005.jpg

Baxi90

My favorite sub of all time... Really nice!

Here's mine- getting ready to go under the knife again...

5517project005.jpg

woooow, looks awesome, love the nato! cool colour

J!m

Thanks!

The strap is Admiralty gray, made by the current UK MOD contract holder for watch straps.

In other words: it's the "real" NATO strap!

I have had other brands that are thicker/better in some ways, but I appreciate the strap for what it is.

I received some parts today (the hands are wrong however...) so check my other thread as I go to work on this to make it even better...

Baxi90

Thanks!

The strap is Admiralty gray, made by the current UK MOD contract holder for watch straps.

In other words: it's the "real" NATO strap!

I have had other brands that are thicker/better in some ways, but I appreciate the strap for what it is.

I received some parts today (the hands are wrong however...) so check my other thread as I go to work on this to make it even better...

will do man, thinking about sending mine somewhere to perfectionate it too!!!cant wait to see the work on yours

J!m

This is sort of my 'grail' watch and I'll never be able to afford a real one, so this will have to do.

It's pretty good, and with an improved crystal and bezel it should be pretty damn good...