Sign in to follow this  
Baxi90

VINTAGE ROLEX SUBMARINER 5517 (T) EDITION

Baxi90

where do you send it to do the improvements? Is it yourself or someonelse doing it for you? because i am looking for someone to "perfectionate" mine.

black263

Really don't get subs at all. Just me I suppose, but can't get into them. Had one, hated it, sold it.

aprell

looks great with nato strap

RUSH2112
I purchased this beautiful watch by Trevor because he is the only one i managed to find that had a 1:1 replica against genuine since all parts are interchangeable with the genuine, which for me is really important because it shows how accurately and perfectly it has been reproduced.

:facepalm:

... and if you believe that, I have a great deal on a used bridge to offer you :lol:

Seriously, nice watch, but don't believe the hype... m'kay?

Noob factory, h factory, Trevor factory?

Baxi90
I purchased this beautiful watch by Trevor because he is the only one i managed to find that had a 1:1 replica against genuine since all parts are interchangeable with the genuine, which for me is really important because it shows how accurately and perfectly it has been reproduced.

:facepalm:

... and if you believe that, I have a great deal on a used bridge to offer you :lol:

Seriously, nice watch, but don't believe the hype... m'kay?

Noob factory, h factory, Trevor factory?

trevor sold it to me!

J!m

where do you send it to do the improvements? Is it yourself or someonelse doing it for you? because i am looking for someone to "perfectionate" mine.

I do it myself.

Check my other thread (introduction thread) for some details...

yngchrn

Nice watch wear it well

Benoitch

Nice one!

BC1221

Dalton didn't wear a rolex. He actually wore a heuer 1000.

Beautiful watch OP.

Not really a fan of the sword hands but it's a classic

Not sure why they put 2836s in these.

Vintage rolexes had a low beat movement (19k bph) so it would be more accurate to put a 2813 in them. Some dealers offer the low beat eta which seems to be what most builders use.

Nice watch but that ain't no Bond strap, this is a Bond strap:

MI6_4.JPG

They are on sale right now for $10: http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

Note that to be completely correct Bond wore his 5517 on a 18mm strap

Bond never wore a 5517 mate. Connery had a 6538, Moore a 5512 and Dalton had a 16610. The strap didn't have metal keepers on Connerys Rolex either ;)

Lorenove06

Anyone can kindly point me to a nice 5517 insert that can fit in a cartel bezel ?

Panerai1964

The original Rolex mil sub didnt have a 28,800bph movement, you would have been better off buying the version with a standard Asian 21 Jewel movement at 21,600bph it would have been more accurate.

Dec1968

The original Rolex mil sub didnt have a 28,800bph movement, you would have been better off buying the version with a standard Asian 21 Jewel movement at 21,600bph it would have been more accurate.

In all honesty, to fnd hands anywhere and to maintain that 21,600bph, I would use a Seiko NH35 movement. Bulletproof and hands are available easily and maintenance is next to nothing. Who's going to peek inside anyways on a rep?

I'm doing mine with an Invicta 8926 case (I know....) modding it, and got the hands and dial sourced. Having someone do the work for me. Need a bezel insert, so it will be a 5513 with sword hands until then. And I will add fixed bars to it as well.

Dec1968

And here it is.....just got it in the mail. Still sourcing a 60 minute track bezel insert. abb3b33737c24e9212c0b69356116fc4.jpgb9483d1e4dcb1b169dea40bbe252c19b.jpgbd349a2a2f06284571a17ee5b7e962e2.jpg8048d7b500a8f287f3e46bbf6c6a13ce.jpg441e9b9274d3102eac217e353acfa951.jpg

Dec1968
Enjoy your new purchase mate: mine says hi.

D2CA4F85-75D3-4E0D-9484-FA295AD68FAD-1724-000001CE2C8F9095.jpg

Where did you get yours? Looks wonderful!!

rusky27

Hi mate it originally came from sillix, it was the 2836 version - then was sent on for modding to RolexAddict who done the case shaping and vintage lume plots - sadly no longer in my collection.

Daytona_Dreamer

Overall very nice rep. These are very nice.

I'd consider drilling lug holes, and maybe CG work if you really wanted to spend some money. But it is reasonably close to John Mayer's 5517

rolex_5517_military_000.jpg

Bond never wore a 5517 mate. Connery had a 6538, Moore a 5512 and Dalton had a 16610. The strap didn't have metal keepers on Connerys Rolex either ;)

And for all the Bond fans, lets not forget that George wore a very nice PreDaytona. Kinda surprising. I'd imagine Bond wearing an oyster Daytona myself, but oh well I guess Q probably made the thing water proof just for Bond :)

markh

Nice watch but that ain't no Bond strap, this is a Bond strap:

MI6_4.JPG

They are on sale right now for $10: http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

Note that to be completely correct Bond wore his 5517 on a 18mm strap

+1

Lorenove06

Right know I would like a gen like 5517 insert with the correct 3 minute markers on 20, 30, 40 and 50 sections.

Any source ?

Doraemon

Dear all, I carry on in this thread so not to open a new one on an argument that, I'm sure, it's been discussed many times.

So. I'm actually looking to get a real Bond (Connery) Sub rep without spending a bunch. Of all the sites I've checked, the tig-conc model is the closest I saw, so I'll probably get that.

The problem is the dial. The gen SM, had the 100 or 200 meters write on it? I'll probably get the dial from Yuki but under "Bond" there are both, 100 and 200 meters dials.

I'll also have to look for the big crown due the high price of the Yuki's.

Any hints? Thanx.

shaneaubrey13

Look for a 5517...All the new cartels have lug holes...??

Rower

Mine says hi too...fullsizeoutput_672_zpslzji8rcb.jpeg

GC
Dear all, I carry on in this thread so not to open a new one on an argument that, I'm sure, it's been discussed many times.

So. I'm actually looking to get a real Bond (Connery) Sub rep without spending a bunch. Of all the sites I've checked, the tig-conc model is the closest I saw, so I'll probably get that.

The problem is the dial. The gen SM, had the 100 or 200 meters write on it? I'll probably get the dial from Yuki but under "Bond" there are both, 100 and 200 meters dials.

I'll also have to look for the big crown due the high price of the Yuki's.

Any hints? Thanx.

It's #2 in this thread... The "James Bond" 6538 big crown 2 line all gilt with silver triangle and pearl on bezel (not red)

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=121702