Sign in to follow this  
Diego_UK

Any news on CrPo's with cheaper movements yet?

Diego_UK

Been wanting to snag one, but I don't think I can justify spending 300+ on one watch. Heard from a few people that the next batch would include watches fitted with the Asian clone movement. Anyone else heard anything?

P4GTR

:zzz: :pacing:

Janizary

Think of it this way, your watch we truly be "swiss-made" or at least the movement. And the resale value will be higher as well.

Edited by Janizary

James.

swiss CPO is like $270 or there abouts from intime on RWI, that's pretty damn cheap.

LightGeek

swiss CPO is like $270 or there abouts from intime on RWI, that's pretty damn cheap.

Well, all of them are Swiss hybrids anyway so $270 is ok. Many usually "stated Swiss" watches from WI are $268 and end up as hybrids.

Janizary

Don't see it for 270 its like 298.

James.

Correct, hence the "or there abouts". It's been about a week since I saw it. Beats the 3fiddy or so other dealers have it as.

I personally would only buy SW200 as "swiss", as LG said, most "swiss" mvmts are hybrids and/or canibalized from other watches. Clone is fine, but not available in the CPO yet. "Swiss" or niet right now

Realism

swiss cheese must be real swiss...

James.

swiss cheese must be real swiss...

Or at least the holes must be.

fatarms

Well, all of them are Swiss hybrids anyway so $270 is ok. Many usually "stated Swiss" watches from WI are $268 and end up as hybrids.

Absolutely, mine was sold as swiss and is by no means completely swiss. Parts of it look swiss, other parts like the movement type stamping is terrible and the incabloc only has one cutout.

LightGeek

Absolutely, mine was sold as swiss and is by no means completely swiss. Parts of it look swiss, other parts like the movement type stamping is terrible and the incabloc only has one cutout.

I'm going to qualify that further as ... Many usually "stated Swiss" watches from DEALERS ... end up as hybrids.

fatarms

Yeah, this was sold to me as "Swiss" :rolleyes:

fthgr4.jpg

8xkg8g.jpg

James.

:lmao: I think we've inadvertently answered the OP's original question!

halcyon

Yeah, this was sold to me as "Swiss" :rolleyes:

fthgr4.jpg

8xkg8g.jpg

Seems like it is not Swiss ETA. It looks well finished Asian.

At least Balance Wheel is not Swiss. If it is real Swiss, Balance wheel must be more big like this.

swisseta_zps8f898e9d.jpg

NFleischer

It looks like the stamping was changed to 2836, almost like the 36 was added on after a 24(?) was filed down. The ETA stamp does seem

real to me.

deju

I thought the rumour of cheaper movement ceramic PO's was started by a bloke on here who posted a wtb thread for one when they first came out with the crazy pitch of :

"...sell me your Swiss Ceramic PO cheap because the versions with cheaper movements is coming out so yours will be worth less"

Seriously the first and only mention I've ever seen was that WTB attempt lol

Diego_UK
I thought the rumour of cheaper movement ceramic PO's was started by a bloke on here who posted a wtb thread for one when they first came out with the crazy pitch of :

"...sell me your Swiss Ceramic PO cheap because the versions with cheaper movements is coming out so yours will be worth less"

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times, most recently by tesmith. He had heard that the next batch would be fitted with the Asian clone, giving us a cheaper alternative.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

James.

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times, most recently by tesmith. He had heard that the next batch would be fitted with the Asian clone, giving us a cheaper alternative.

Fking brill, time to buy one!

Diego_UK

Fking brill, time to buy one!

It's all I've been waiting for. Hopefully there's some truth to what I've heard.