Sign in to follow this  
ad6904

TT Sub from WI - Long overdue pics+review

ad6904

I bought this watch November 2012 from WI - 16613 two tone submariner Swiss ETA. This has to be one of the best looking watches I own, something about it is just striking, especially the sunburst dial.

Not sure what factory it came from, however the overall feel of the watch is excellent; solid quality build that feels and looks right.

My only gripe would be that the movement can be a bit finicky and occasionally it can be difficult to pull the crown all the way out to adjust the time. I suspect that for this reason it may not be a real Swiss and perhaps clone, either way I plan on getting it serviced as the baby deserves king treatment!

Admittedly I do only wear this watch sparingly, keeping it pristine for those special occasions, however, I have to say that I've worn it quite a few times over the past six months and it shows no signs of wear (especially the always controversial gold plating). I think the plating's longevity is really dependant on how you treat the watch, as is evident with mine.

Anyhow, not much of a review, so best move onto the pictures and let YOU do the reviewing:

DSC_0086_zpsf0126d3b.jpg

DSC_00512_zpsced16621.jpg

DSC_0644_zps00330cb2.jpg

DSC_0649_zps6e0c9f2f.jpg

Edited by ad6904

Dinicol

-Beautiful looking watch, -enjoy!!!

TheSav

You're right, not much of a review. But those pictures say it all. That dial is beautiful. I'm not a rolex fan but this one could certainly change my mind.

ad6904

Cheers guys

JohnPilot

Nice piece, I love the old dial, would buy it but don't trust too much goldplating.

ad6904

Like I said, there really isn't a problem with gold plating so long as you take care of it and treat it well. With that said, you probably wouldn't wear a gold plated watch everyday either

NFleischer

DSC00321.jpg

Nice watch! Is that a Gold plated or 'wrapped' version? I have a similar Noob version from 5-6 years ago. The Gold has held up very well, but I don't

wear it very often.

nynd

I think reps are meant to be worn and enjoyed - so be it! When it wears, replace it with another... the cost factor is minimal compared to one gen.

flyr

Color is fantastic, the dial "POP'S" !!!

ad6904
DSC00321.jpg

Nice watch! Is that a Gold plated or 'wrapped' version? I have a similar Noob version from 5-6 years ago. The Gold has held up very well, but I don't

wear it very often.

Mine is plated. That's an excellent life span for any rep! Well done

Dr_Rolex

I bought this watch November 2012 from WI - 16613 two tone submariner Swiss ETA. This has to be one of the best looking watches I own, something about it is just striking, especially the sunburst dial.

Not sure what factory it came from, however the overall feel of the watch is excellent; solid quality build that feels and looks right.

My only gripe would be that the movement can be a bit finicky and occasionally it can be difficult to pull the crown all the way out to adjust the time. I suspect that for this reason it may not be a real Swiss and perhaps clone, either way I plan on getting it serviced as the baby deserves king treatment!

Admittedly I do only wear this watch sparingly, keeping it pristine for those special occasions, however, I have to say that I've worn it quite a few times over the past six months and it shows no signs of wear (especially the always controversial gold plating). I think the plating's longevity is really dependant on how you treat the watch, as is evident with mine.

Anyhow, not much of a review, so best move onto the pictures and let YOU do the reviewing:

DSC_0086_zpsf0126d3b.jpg

DSC_00512_zpsced16621.jpg

DSC_0644_zps00330cb2.jpg

DSC_0649_zps6e0c9f2f.jpg

SHE'S BEAUTIFUL :daffy: I LOVE THE BLUE TT SUB, I BOUGHT MINE FROM ANDREW AND THE ONLY PICKY THING ABOUT MINE IS THAT THE DIAL IS MORE PURPLE THAN THE ACTUAL COLOR PURPLE LOL,,,,,,,BUT YOURS LOOKS VERY BLUE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG AND YOURS IS PURPLE TOO .

ShovelnTC

Beautiful, I love Subs!

ad6904

ITS BLUE WITH HINTS OF PURPLE DEPENDING ON HOW IT CATCHES THE LIGHT

Beautiful, I love Subs!

Cheers!

Henry J. Miller

Quite nice.

Good choice!

glemont

I have the exact same one, love it!

Dr_Rolex

is your date wheel champagne gold colored? or white?

Martin72

That's an absolute beauty, just waiting on a black sub from WI at the moment :)

On a slight hijack, that is a Hublot in the background of one of the shots I believe, are there any decent reps of that?

ad6904

Champagne gold mate. For this model that is the right colour for the dw

ad6904
That's an absolute beauty, just waiting on a black sub from WI at the moment :)

On a slight hijack, that is a Hublot in the background of one of the shots I believe, are there any decent reps of that?

That is a super rep. But for the missus. It is a uni sex watch and reallllyyy beautiful to look at but I can't wear it, doesn't suit me. Its a HBB caviar in black and any dealer can get it, they come in both Asian ETA and Swiss

Martin72

Thanks Ad, I've seen them before and think they look great but sometimes the picture doesn't translate to the wrist, maybe one once I've got a few more of the usual suspects in my collection ;) Loving that dial on the Rolex mate, it's a beauty!

Dr_Rolex

Champagne gold mate. For this model that is the right colour for the dw

wow thats nice man hard to find those with the right color date wheel mary delivered!!!

ad6904
Thanks Ad, I've seen them before and think they look great but sometimes the picture doesn't translate to the wrist, maybe one once I've got a few more of the usual suspects in my collection ;) Loving that dial on the Rolex mate, it's a beauty!

Cheers!

I've got a few more watches to post photos of, one of them being the HBB Caviar, might just sway you :P