Sign in to follow this  
gmax

First rep - IWC Big Pilot

gmax

Just got my first rep watch few days ago.

Bought it from Mary/Rochest. Smooth transaction, quick communication and shipping.

I liked this watch the first time I saw it. Very classy and slick looking.

My only gripe would be that it seems like there is too much lume applied to the "tick marks" on the dial. To the point that they look yellow and not white (it's not every noticeable in pictures). They light up even in a slightly dimmed room.

The leather strap is not very comfortable either, but it's just a matter of preference. Either way, I might be changing it to the one without the metal clasp in the near future.

Overall, very sweet watch! Next on the list: PAM.

Here are few pics:

IMG_9821_zps4db2db1b.jpg

IMG_9829_zpsf020fe7b.jpg

IMG_9830_zpsb293a13d.jpg

Visioneer

Very nice...the Big Pilot is on my list as well.

myaz

Good one, the lume'll grow on you.

jboshey

What a beauty...

LeandroBR

Great choices ! Watch and Dealer! I like the BP very much. enjoy it !

PeterPotamus

nice choice, enjoy it :)

E.R.

A beauty! And very nice pics too.

Enjoy wearing it!

SSTEEL

Liking this model the more I see it. The crown puts me off though slightly.

Congrats on the pick up :)

machiavegli

I just want to commend you for a great & unusual first rep choice, most of us here didn't know IWC well when our addictions started, but they make a lot of classic beauties of which this is one of my favorites. :clap:

-Mach

TheSav

Very, very nice first rep. Congrats. FYI rep leather straps are mostly crap for the simple fact that they are faux leather. Best to get a nice strap made buy one of our friendly local makers or buy an aftermarket one.

Guyute

Good choice on your first rep. I have a hard on for that strap for some weird reason....

Mirage

Nice pick! At first I was finding the crown to be uncomfortable, but ever since then I tend to wear my watch strap a bit tighter and I also wear my watches a bit higher on the wrist.

gmax

Thank you all!

As for the unusual choice, I blame this forum. I spent a good amount of hours reading up on stuff and going through TD's websites. IWC BP caught my eye and it was well received on this board. I figured I have nothing to lose and pulled the trigger. I am glad I did!:)

I definitely have to do something about the strap, it doesn't wrap well around the wrist and is very uncomfortable.

zoomtt

I love the big pilot too, But the crown has me concerned. My recent PAM 380 kind of has that more pronounced crown and I wear my watches low. It tends to dig into my wrist.

arocco

I have had the same watch for a few months now too and it is a fantastically accurate rep. Only two tells I can see is the date font is not nearly bold enough and the PR stuck at 7. Also, the strap it comes with is horridly uncomfortable and screams fake. Replace it ASAP.

Heisenberg
I have had the same watch for a few months now too and it is a fantastically accurate rep. Only two tells I can see is the date font is not nearly bold enough and the PR stuck at 7. Also, the strap it comes with is horridly uncomfortable and screams fake. Replace it ASAP.

I would say the blue AR is a tell as well.

arocco

Yes but that require in-depth handling. The others are obvious to a passing eye.

RiceCake

Nicely done! I have this on order from WI as well; it's my first rep and I can't wait.

As for the blue AR, I believe that IWC's AR coating is blue-ish and has been for quite some time.

Heisenberg

Yes but that require in-depth handling. The others are obvious to a passing eye.

To be honest since having my Top Gun AR redone I've realised just how noticeable the blue AR is, even from distance. Saying that though people that know nothing about reps or gens won't know that.

Heisenberg
Nicely done! I have this on order from WI as well; it's my first rep and I can't wait.

As for the blue AR, I believe that IWC's AR coating is blue-ish and has been for quite some time.

You may be correct if this review is anything to go by:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=10599

Heisenberg

I have this rep as well by the way and love it. I can recommend a cheap but decent strap that I got for it if you are looking to get one.

RiceCake

I just received mine from WI. I'd love a referral for a 'cheap awesome' strap!

mspangl

Nice pics..make me miss mine

Annie

Sorry Arocco what u mean by PR stuck at 7? What is PR means..

Thanks

Baldrick

It means the Power Reserve indicator @3 does not move...it is fixed in position.

Mine has the working PR and no chrome surrounding the date window.!

big pilot shoes 1.jpg