Sign in to follow this  
Serge D

AP 57TH Street on shark. PICS!

Baldrick
Sorry mate. You mentioned this watch was a fail. I thought you might post a picture of a 'pass'. That is to say, one example that you tjink is good

Ahhh....gotcha.....let me explain....!

There's been a high degree of anticipation expressed on the forum about this "57th Street"......which, if we are being perfectly honest...differs little from other AP rep offerings......

1. Steel case = not unique or novel

2. Rubber bezel = not unique or novel

3. Tapisserie dial = not unique or novel

4. Gold hands = not unique or novel

5. Gold surrounds on the sub dials = not unique or novel

None of the above in singular terms or collective terms...renders this watch as amazing / superb / astonishing or any of the other expressions or hyperbole used to refer to this perfectly mundane offering....whilst beauty may be in the eye of the beholder.....this particular beauty does not exceed other beauties from the same genetic pool.

6. It has the engraving 57th St on the case-back....if that alone is sufficient ( in someone's eyes )...to propel and elevate this watch to the realms of 'amazing" etc etc...then what can I say without causing offense....and you know me...I don't like to cause offense ;)

As for new offerings. I'm afraid I'm rather insouciant......(nay downright jaded ).....when it comes to new watches...I tend to look for stuff that doesn't appeal to the common herd.....they graze right in the middle of the plain...I tend to graze on the richer grass at the edge of the plain....just the way my haw-maws swing :B):

jeffw69

Really like the shark Serge! Enjoy. :shark:

Corv99

Looking good Serge!

ATEspo

Looks great!

I still can't decide if I am going to pull the trigger when my time comes...I am on the first batch and still waiting on QC photos and instructions to pay...

baxter

Looks great to me - best pics i've seen of it so far and the strap works very well !!

Paid for mine on the 25th and ok'd qc - and have heard nothing since - anyone else been waiting for news for this long after paying ?

Serge D

Thanks for all the love and hate! Everyone is entiteled to express an opinion, even Balrdick :D (just busting your chops)

I can understand you all, i was disappointed when i got this watch in the mail. I was actually taking pictures for a sales thread. But the watch grew on me, i really like it. Yes its no different from other rubberclads, but its rare, and i always wanted a RC.

Panda is next on my list.

Serge D
Btw serge, I hope this shark doesn't end up looking better on the 57 than the horn back I got from you :lol:

I will trade your hornback for a shark anytime mate, just let me know.

baxter

Do it Serge - one of the best ROO's IMO on strap or bracelet.

IMG_3383_zps9595a0b6.jpg

Serge D

Do it Serge - one of the best ROO's IMO on strap or bracelet.

IMG_3383_zps9595a0b6.jpg

Definitely bracelet. Thanks for reminding me how bad i want it Baxter!

Baldrick
Thanks for all the love and hate! Everyone is entiteled to express an opinion, even Balrdick (just busting your chops)

:D

....I love YOUR strap...Serge...I just don't think the watch marries up to it......now.....the Panda...that's a different matter altogether....handsome piece....I guess the RCs just don't do it for me...!