Sign in to follow this  
marlin2284

STORM LE custom PAM prototype is complete

marlin2284

Hi everyone,

Some months back I was approached by one of the forum members to build a series of watches for him and some of his friends. After quite a bit of collaboration between all the parties involved we have come to the prototype stage.

The watch started off as a PAM 375N, I bead blasted the brown PVD/DLC coating off and left it with the bead bast finish. I put in one of my all Asian movements in it with the ETA markings and put on some custom engraving on the case between the lugs with the series name on one side and the XXX/007 on the other. It's the first prototype so some changes will be made to the next watch.

Did notice I screwed up the paperwork it is suppose to say "LIMITED EDITION" not SPECIAL EDITION, my bad easy fix.

Please feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts..

SSE_1_zps6c8393a8.jpg

SSE_28_zps749fbd75.jpg

SSE_26_zps8cd05b38.jpg

SSE_9_zps9c093fd2.jpg

SSE_7_zpse5b30392.jpg

SSE_5_zps6a666d0f.jpg

SSE_8_zps002397bc.jpg

SSE_4_zps7becc729.jpg

SSE_12_zps0f6639de.jpg

SSE_3_zpsf69ff8a1.jpg

SSE_30_zps3e910c2e.jpg

SSE_31_zpsd9a9093f.jpg

SSE_29_zpsc70cc9f8.jpg

The engraving work, still looking into different techniques to use to get the engraving deeper. The engraving turned out to be a great deal harder than I expected it to be specially on a curved suface, but will continue to perfect it.

SSE_16_zpsdf97c100.jpg

SSE_13_zps5d0b81f6.jpg

SSE_33_zps8ec03f34.jpg

SSE_19_zps6c9f8e61.jpg

My all Asian movement, everything you see are Asian parts moded to look gen. If you look closely under the balance wheel you can see the ETA markings I have that engraving perfected.

SSE_17_zps1afe3019.jpg

SSE_18_zps56ea58f8.jpg

SSE_15_zpsb0cbf729.jpg

SSE_14_zpsaca02d68.jpg

SSE_21_zpsf08e6589.jpg

SSE_10_zps0d032378.jpg

Thanks for looking........

tanweekiat

Payment sent

jonbummer

another master piece !!

TheSav

I quite like that bead blasted case. Looks good :)

Crusader

I have to say this... watch is fantastic with the case and the writing, but I'm not a fan of the paperwork for reps though. Like it's been said before, it could do some damage in the wrong hands.

Maybe if you used custom dial without Panerai markings and then make the papers, that would be nice :) Watch is nice, great craftmanship.

gtwc

Holy Moly!

That's what I want from Santa this coming Christmas.

Stunning.

Gorgeous.

Congrats on a real work of art.

:wub::drool:

JohnPilot

Nice idea. I will try this next week too.Just will use corundglass pearls instead of sand, gives a nicer finish. I tried with sand first looks rougher.

greymda

how much does a watch like this cost?

looks great, imho!

fetasigma

awesome

Baronrouge

Holey Moley - and how much to buy?

GWT

I have to say this... watch is fantastic with the case and the writing, but I'm not a fan of the paperwork for reps though. Like it's been said before, it could do some damage in the wrong hands.

Maybe if you used custom dial without Panerai markings and then make the papers, that would be nice :) Watch is nice, great craftmanship.

I don't see any harm, the whole idea of rep is to be as close to gen as possible, so what is wrong with paperwork, box, pamphlets/books, and warranty card if possible to get to go along with it??

That style of thinking why even bother with reps at all??

It takes a crooked mind to even contemplate ripping someone off actually until you mentioned it never thought of it myself!

GWT

@marlin your work is stunning! Folks trust me on that I have 3 of his creations, just superb! Whenever you are ready for "oldie but goodie" I am set and ready just let me know!!

I have procured 2 of the movements you discussed with me on there way to me now. So we should be good to go.

Crusader

I don't see any harm, the whole idea of rep is to be as close to gen as possible, so what is wrong with paperwork, box, pamphlets/books, and warranty card if possible to get to go along with it??

It takes a crooked mind to even contemplate ripping someone off actually until you mentioned it never thought of it myself!

The thing is all that paperwork in rep world is useless. Waranty card, certificate, doesn't mean anything... some even go that far of faking some salesperson signature. Enjoying the watch itself and its style is something, but having papers for a rep it's what I don't get it. Some do... having papers for it won't make it anymore genuine like.

fatarms

Damn that's sweet :D

marlin2284

The thing is all that paperwork in rep world is useless. Waranty card, certificate, doesn't mean anything... some even go that far of faking some salesperson signature. Enjoying the watch itself and its style is something, but having papers for a rep it's what I don't get it. Some do... having papers for it won't make it anymore genuine like.

The paperwork is just an added novelty no more than that, if someone wanted to rip people off with a rep they can and have done it with or without the paperwork. The certificate and specification paperwork even on the gen is useless also just an added novelty, only difference is it's a very expensive novelty. This is a relative issue some like it others don't, for that there is a simple solution, it's called the garbage can it's only two pieces of paper...

Hi GWT, we are getting close I'll stay in touch and let you know when ready, thanks for the kind words and your support.....

Crusader

Agree, good point. I didn't want to steer the topic away from the watch, it's just my opinon on this things.

Great work with the watch like I said before, lots of skills and work put into this project :)

marlin2284

Nice idea. I will try this next week too.Just will use corundglass pearls instead of sand, gives a nicer finish. I tried with sand first looks rougher.

I used glass beads on this, is there something better? Please let me know what would give a finer finish, I even tried baking soda to try to get a finer finish.

Agree, good point. I didn't want to steer the topic away from the watch, it's just my opinon on this things.

No worries that's why I put up these threads so everyone can give their opinion good, bad or indifferent they are all welcomed and important. Thanks for the kind words

deju

I love your work.... Think I need to start Saving to commission an ultimate 127!!!

The finish of the watch is breath taking!

JohnPilot

I used glass beads on this, is there something better? Please let me know what would give a finer finish, I even tried baking soda to try to get a finer finish.

No worries that's why I put up these threads so everyone can give their opinion good, bad or indifferent they are all welcomed and important. Thanks for the kind words

Will check with my blasting mate next wednesday.

projectologist

Aluminum Oxide blasting media comes in a whole range of grits. Here's a case set done in a finer grit. This is under strong light. Looks a little darker in normal daylight.photo93.jpgphoto92.jpgbb01.jpg

onionbag

Aluminum Oxide blasting media comes in a whole range of grits. Here's a case set done in a finer grit.

Quite correct this, I've been saving up the 'dust' from our aloxide blast cabinet for a rainy day.

koalaakabear

I love the stone like finish :) Great looking watch!

matjalee

May God....marlin pleaseeee let me buy your prototype..luv it...lug it..luvit

tonymission

I love this. How can I buy one immediately? Really. :)

pob944

Amazing works! I will buy one right now