Sign in to follow this  
Tekkes

What PAM111 do I own.

Tekkes

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a PAM111 in M2M on RWI. The seller couldn't tell me what version it was, he however told me the previous seller told him it was a noob pam111 Vx. I'm not educated enough on the panerai's so can't tell the subtle differences. I'm hoping these photo's can shed some light on what I actually bought ;).

On another note, I've got a question about the handwind. I thought I fully wound it yesterday evening, but it stopped this morning. So rather than believing it is a malfunctioning movement, I think I wound it wrong. So not sure how I should wind it.

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures, haven't got a camera in my reach at the moment.

Thanks guys

imag0315a.jpg

imag0316dt.jpg

imag0317hz.jpg

imag0318.jpg

imag0320o.jpg

imag0322v.jpg

imag0323ly.jpg

greg_r

Looks like it may be a noob v1 to me, although it's a little hard to tell given that the pics are rather on the fuzzy side.

Power reserve should be something upwards of 40 hours. Just keep winding it until you can't wind it any more - there's a very definite 'stop' when it's fully wound...

H3X4GON

Not sure which model that is, but to wind the watch properly, you need to pop the safety lock open, and then turn the crown upwards to wind. If you pull the crown out to position two, It sets the time. Hope this helps

Edited by H3X4GON

Tekkes

I've turned the crown upwards untill it met some resistance and moved back (like a spring, the crown turns back after I release it). Not sure if this is the point where I should stop, but was a bit scared to continue. The thing is, I met that kind of resistance yesterday as well.

H3X4GON
I've turned the crown upwards untill it met some resistance and moved back (like a spring, the crown turns back after I release it). Not sure if this is the point where I should stop, but was a bit scared to continue. The thing is, I met that kind of resistance yesterday as well.

Well, in that case, it means that your watch has been fully wound. Odd that it crapped out on you in such a short amount of time. :/

H3X4GON

Oh wait, one more question. When you wound the watch until you met resistance, could you still wind the watch some more, or when you tried to turn it, did it fully stop you from winding any further?

Tekkes

We'll see what it gives after this wind. Thank you both for your help.

I could still wind it yes, but the crown just turn back. So wasn't sure what to do there.

Wriggles

As Greg said keep winding it to the point where you feel very strong resistance, you actually won't be able to wind it further.

When winding, depending on the click it will wind back a notch when you release the crown, this is normal as the click hasn't gone past the next notch on the ratchet wheel so it goes back to the last position. As the tension in the spring increases from your winding the resistance will begin to increase, so I reckon you just got a partial wind on it previously

It's normal enough to be worried about over winding when you're new to handwind movements, but trust me you will know when you've reached full wind!

ALE7575

Impossible to see wit such a pics

It seems at least a V2 with square edges and corners in CG, Pre-V type hands and Good CP

Cannot see the depth on the engraving N-series in caseback but it seems no very deep.

ALE

Tekkes

Just read your reviews on the 111 on rwi, ALE, just to see you have posted what I've been researching the last hour. :D

Indeed has the pre-V hands and the square CG. As for the engraving, it's difficult to compare with pictures.

It has the lower A center bar though. I'm going to assume it's a V2.

Thanks, and lovely reviews!

As for the winding, I fully wound it untill I heard some kind of a click, and got scared to wind it any further. Has been going for 17 hours tho, so first wind was definately a partial one. Thanks for the help everyone!