Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Vintage Panerai Illustrations

ebzen02

Came across this on VintagePanerai.com and since now I am lusting over vintage I couldn't help but post these diagrams of the most common Vintage Pams:

"It comes with a very rare dial version: as most of the known 6152/1 Angelus watches have a “Luminor Panerai†dial, the dial of this watch is engraved “Marina Militareâ€.

The massive Rolex caseback bears matriculation numbers of the italian navy. Together with this caseback, there is also a 2nd display caseback, signed “Officine Panerai Brevettatoâ€.

1245XX-1.jpg

"In the illustration you can find two different shapes of both kind of hands. Differences are visible in small details (width, lenght, shape of heads). The “single pencil†shape of hands can be found often in watches with Angelus movements (illustration 1st row – short and long version). There exist various versions of these hands made of brass. The “double pencil†shape is typical for 6152/1 watches with Rolex movements. Some appear with very “sharp†heads (2nd row, right) if compared with the regular head shape (illustration 2nd row, left)."

blog_pencil_hands.jpg

124537_color.jpg

Radiomirs:

1010288_color.jpg

dingle

nice post. When are you getting one ebzen?

greg_r

Great stuff - thanks for sharing these...!

graman

great!.....yes!..when?

ebzen02
nice post. When are you getting one ebzen?

Unfortunately, not any time soon.. I just bought a Getat that I might rough house a little. But Ideally, would love to build something using a DSN case and closed caseback (to hide the cheap 6497 movement) and a nice vintage dial/hands.. Definitely cannot afford right now a Nightwatch creation..