Sign in to follow this  
MIhomie

PAM 187 couple questions

MIhomie

So my new 7753 187 just arrived yesterday. Love it with the date up where it belongs.

Here are my questions.

1st is the 7750 version I just sold "1000" was a much brighter blue and a little fatter font. The new one the blue is very dark and almost not visible. Can someone confirm which is more gen.

2nd how in the hell does the date thingy work on these 7753's.

Sorry I am getting slow and old and do not want to F up the date thing jamming on it.

fuba

Isnt' the date changed with the tool provided? I don't know if you are supposed to turn or push though. The 188 I've got with quick date shift was changed with pushing at the button @10.

nev848

The date is usually changed by pressing in what looks like a He valve on the side.

Careful when doing the date on a 7750 between certain times as it can mess up the date wheel sync. I think it is between 10 and 2 but don't take my word for it try doing a search on the forum.

black263

I make a point when setting the date to wind on the time until the date changes. Now I know it's midnight and not midday. Then wind on to around 5am, set the date, then set the time.

If it's between midnight and about 5am and you need to set it, do the above, but set the date to the day before. Then wind the time on so it goes through midnight, changing the date to the correct one as it does so. Set the correct time and job done.

That way you never risk changing the date while the mechanism is engaged.

MIhomie

The date is usually changed by pressing in what looks like a He valve on the side.

Careful when doing the date on a 7750 between certain times as it can mess up the date wheel sync. I think it is between 10 and 2 but don't take my word for it try doing a search on the forum.

Isnt' the date changed with the tool provided? I don't know if you are supposed to turn or push though. The 188 I've got with quick date shift was changed with pushing at the button @10.

Yes I did get a tool to change the date , and I understand the push part of it. here is where I am flaking out. The tool and button have a hex. Do I need to unscrew it first then push the button? I know these are dumb questions to many here. I am still very much a noob and I just do not want to screw up my new watch.

Searching found some resopnse to pushing the middle of the botton only, again a bit confused by the whole hex thing. Do I need to unscrew somethine first before I start pushing on it.

sardonix

Yes you do.

But the date chance on 7753 187 is weak point many are messed up by using this.

MIhomie

thanks all for the date change help.

can someone now help me with the blue of the 1000. shoudl it be reall deep blue or bright. as stated my 7750 had a brigh blue the 7753 is very deep blue and actually hard to see.. i am trying to see which is more correct. contemplating frankinsteining it to a 7750 dial if that is correct.

964boy
Yes you do.

But the date chance on 7753 187 is weak point many are messed up by using this.

Does this mean the RWG watch is shit ???

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

BigBuys

The only weakness that I have heard of is the pusher falling out and being lost. That is why I keep it tight.

My rule with any chrono, and for that matter any watch, is to always set the time to 6:00 a.m and then adjust the date.

Can't help on the lume comparison to GEN since I have not owned one. They run $11,000 to $14,500 so I probably will not be doing a comparison anytime soon.

MIhomie

bigbuys

it is not the hand / numeral or number marker lume. that is actually AWESOME. i have a question about the "1000" under the Panerai on the dial, it is not lumed, well at least to my knowledge it is not supposed to be lumed. itis blue the hade of blue it really should be.

i am not willing to drop 11K to 13K on a watch either

gottahaverolex

No, the 1000 is not supposed to be Lumed. Also the blue should be easily visible and royal blue, not navy blue.

Here's the gen:

null_zpscc9a68cc.jpg

Edited by gottahaverolex

MIhomie

No, the 1000 is not supposed to be Lumed. Also the blue should be easily visible and royal blue, not navy blue.

Here's the gen:

null_zpscc9a68cc.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation on the 1000. i thought my 7750 was much brighter blue. so now i have the correct date height and a buggered up blue, damn.

anyone know if it is possibel to swap a 7750 dial or gen dail into a 7753?

sardonix

Not so much wrong with the blue in my 7753 i think

vDt2T.jpg

MIhomie

vDt2T.jpg

I agree your blue looks very good. i am going to try and get a pic of mine later. mine is way darker and more grey.

gottahaverolex

vDt2T.jpg

I agree your blue looks very good. i am going to try and get a pic of mine later. mine is way darker and more grey.

That is exactly what it should look like. Any darker it would look wrong.

cuban

I know this is an old thread, but is there date changing tool i can grab off someone??

black263

Date changing tool???

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, black263 said:

Date changing tool???

The gen came with a tool to quickset change the date 

black263
10 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

The gen came with a tool to quickset change the date 

We peasants just use a cocktail stick.

mysterio
3 hours ago, black263 said:

We peasants just use a cocktail stick.

You are mixing the two. The quickset date change tool on the PAM187 is different from the plastic one used for the quick release strap change which can also be used for the date change like the PAM356.

PAM187 Date Change Tool

346226_dd1415fc-648a-4f73-a3e4-5573682c8

Quick Strap Change Tool

Panerai-Tools-01_enl.jpg

black263

Must confess I didn't look to see how the date was changed. I assumed it was just a small recessed pusher.  I hadn't realised it was a screw-down pusher that needed a special tool to lock and unlock.  However, given the depth rating, it makes sense that the usual recessed pushers couldn't provide adequate WR.