Sign in to follow this  
alvinado

DSSD Construction (Gen vs Rep) Side by Side!!( By alvinado)

alvinado

As you guys know I am always looking for my perfect deepsea, and it is a dream that i want to fufil and mod the best looking DSSD!!

I have taken apart my V3-V5 Hybrid DSSD for this comparison, if the photos are not labeled,

left (TOP) is always REP and Right (Bottom) is always GEN , take note!!

Thinkbach's Rep

aaaa.jpg

A random Gen from the net.

web7.jpg

CASE :

I have the Deepsea v5 case here, which I believe is the best case as dimension and build are spot on. Even the edges and everthing else is well done!!

DeepseaREp1.jpgDeepseaGEN2.jpg

DeepseaREp10.jpgDeepseaGEN4.jpg

CASEBACK Construction:

The caseback and the titanium part of it has the correct shape and the fonts on the back are spot on

DeepseaREp2.jpgDeepseaGEN3.jpg

Almost fully disasembled!

AS for the dial, I am using an Ultimate dial from TT as I believe it has the best bevel among all the dials. Gen is a satin finish, so I sprayed my dial matte to match. Note that there is no bezel insert on my rep as I am still modding it!!

DeepseaREp11.jpgDeepseaGEN5.jpg

Case and BEZEL SHOT

Construction is a little different here, with the gen having 4 springs for bezel lock and rep only has one, but hey $10000 difference!!! BTW my crystal was ARed by takashi and in that aspect better than GEN!!!

DeepseaREp12.jpgDeepseaGEN6.jpg

DeepseaREp13.jpgDeepseaGEN7.jpg

Even the Ringlock Mecanism is Removable!!

Notice that for the gen there is 4 holes on the case, this is for the bezel spring, to create the tight click effect, for the rep, sadly there is only one hole..

DeepseaREp14.jpgDeepseaGEN8.jpg

CRYSTAL Thickness..

I would say crystal thickness is pretty spot on, but I can't be sure just from pics.. what do ya say!!

DeepseaREp15.jpgDeepseaGEN9.jpg

Hope you enjoy my little side by side comparison to gen, and now it is back to assembly of this little monster, until then..

Alvinado

dingle

great comparison. well done :)

jkirke

Not too bad in the details. I think the manufacturers did a good job. Crystal thickness looks pretty spot on.

I sure like mine! I love seeing comparisons like these. Looking at photos of the gen really makes me want one more and more.