Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Swiss ETA 7750 Day Wheel Fitment help & Advice needed

SSTEEL

Hi guys,

Could you take a look at these labelled photos of mine please? Basically there is a black blank disc preventing me fitting my Day wheel to the movement. Does this need to be removed, and is only there to prevent damage during shipping of movement? Or does this black disc need fitting on top of the day disc once fitted?

Heres the photos..

8734595857_e9971c7d38_b.jpg

8734600933_49a845f767_b.jpg

On another note, I noticed that on my day wheel there is a scratch on one of the FRI marking, its not visible with the naked eye, but is under a loupe, was gutted to find this, but as said, it won't be visible once fitted. I thought it was a bit of paper at first, and when using my blower, I thought it had gone, but then I noticed there were two FRI on the day disc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Micky

Edited by SSTEEL

parisianshut

weird.. for the record, i always saw a "black blank disc" on the movement i changed or dismantled. usually it's curved.

for the rest i won't be able to help you.

SSTEEL

Its got me puzzled for sure. Its completely blank and was under the day wheel preventing it being fitted around the recess that you can see in the second photo.

SSTEEL

MD202, aka Mike over on the other RWG forums got back to me on this, and said to remove the black ring, fit the day wheel then put this black ring on top. It creates a space between the day wheel and dial, this stops the day wheel wearing/marking on the rear of the dial.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else wondered the same in the future.

:D

Edited by SSTEEL

SSTEEL

Thanks mate :)

SSTEEL

Its a great resource that site for sure. :)

parisianshut

Its a great resource that site for sure. :)

do you know how to access the same "tuto" for other movements ? cannot find the link to other movement.