Sign in to follow this  
watchnerd

broken crown on PO 4813

watchnerd

So i bought the watch about a week a ago and it has been absolutely great though i have a problem. The crown no longer locks for some reason which was odd because i havent really used it but i have ordered a genuine crown and genuine pedant tube off cousins and my plan was to send it to Wiz to have fitted and fixed but so far no response. Will the gen crown and tube fit fine. thanks and does anyone know anyone who could fitted. I was also thinking of having it waterproofed to 4/5 Atm but this was going to be through wiz. please help

BaggyPants

Wiz will sort it for you. He is very busy though, so you will need to be patient.

Libertatia

This seems to be a massive problem with the PO's, putting me off buying one. Wish I could offer you some help, GL.

dr_v

That sucks, the dealer won't just take it back? I know you didn't buy it from Tourneau but after a week he should be able to do something for you.

I just bought my first rep, it's very nice but I'll admit I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop and the problem to arise. This is something that would turn me off altogether from buying another, they're cheap, but they're not that cheap, still several hundred bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

discostu

Had the same problem aswell. I seriously wonder if there's one of these without this problem.

I managed to save mine by pinching the tube slightly with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Also had to replace the stem since it was cut too short.

I suspect the threads aren't an exact match between tube and crown.

If i remeber correctly the gen tube is not a direct fit. I think the hole in the case needs re-tapping.

watchnerd

Had the same problem aswell. I seriously wonder if there's one of these without this problem.

I managed to save mine by pinching the tube slightly with a pair of needle nose pliers.

If i remeber correctly the gen tube is not a direct fit. I think the hole in the case needs re-tapping.

what do you mean by retapping

flyr

Did you guys read and understand all the threads outlining the problems with PO crown tubes before jumping on the order bandwagon? If you didn't It is unfortunate but shows you didn't research, and if you did why did you order and why are you complaining now?

watchnerd

That sucks, the dealer won't just take it back? I know you didn't buy it from Tourneau but after a week he should be able to do something for you.

I just bought my first rep, it's very nice but I'll admit I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop and the problem to arise. This is something that would turn me off altogether from buying another, they're cheap, but they're not that cheap, still several hundred bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

i bought from perfect clones and sent josh an email and i am waiting for a response but its just such a hastle paying to return to china and waiting a total of 4 weeks when the only really known problem in the PO is the crown, which replacing with a gen will hopefully sort out any future trouble and i really do want it waterproofed and few things like that but i have emailed wiz twice in 4 days and no response. :(

Did you guys read and understand all the threads outlining the problems with PO crown tubes before jumping on the order bandwagon? If you didn't It is unfortunate but shows you didn't research, and if you did why did you order and why are you complaining now?

i never complained i just hope wiz can sought it all out

watchnerd

should i buy a new stem aswell

Olly

I have lots of PO spear parts, i have the following:

Case

tube

Crown

He Valve

Crystal

PM me if your interested ???

callsign21a

Well yes I did some research on the PO.................... got mine a little before Christmas but did not come across a plethera of complaints............the TD even told me it was an exellent rep. Crown / stem lasted a week or 3 operations it's been with WIZ since mid Jan.

discostu

what do you mean by retapping

The tube is screwed in to the case, you use a tool called a tap to create the threads. If the gen tube has a larger outer diameter you can re-tap the hole so it fits.

If it's smaller you would probably have to glue it in place.

watchnerd

Well yes I did some research on the PO.................... got mine a little before Christmas but did not come across a plethera of complaints............the TD even told me it was an exellent rep. Crown / stem lasted a week or 3 operations it's been with WIZ since mid Jan.

it has been a long time with wiz is his turn around usually that long, almost 4 months

BaggyPants

Yeo.

watchnerd

Yeo.

i was hoping it would be shorter. are there any guys in the UK who could help

BaggyPants

Not that I know of.

discostu

Seems i was mistaken, the PO tube is a press fit. Both rep and gen, diameter could be different though....

watchnerd

i may hand it in to my local jeweller with the parts but not sure weather to tell hims its a rep or wait till he opens the case back

watchnerd

so i dont think going to a jeweller would be a good idea, i really would like wiz to help but i cant get to him so i think im just going to take the back off and squeeze the tube but i kinda hope a jeweller could do that for me as o dont have any tools to do it. does anyone have a good guide.

watchnerd

SO i have managed to get it fixed, the gen part did not fit as it was too small, so my watch smith added some thread lock to the inner tube though not sure how secure it would be. But it is a nice fix now just looking for a watch smith who could waterproof my watch.

Olly

Seems i was mistaken, the PO tube is a press fit. Both rep and gen, diameter could be different though....

No thats not right. The Gen is threaded so it will screw into the case, do your homework mate :) Some cheaper reps have pressure fitted tubes but certainly not the Gen.

OmegaOverlord

diameter is different and they are both screw in

OmegaOverlord

if this is a common problem and has occurred on mine only a week old does anyone have a fix

itsme7

I really like the looks of this watch, from seeing in person, wish that theyd fix the crown issue, the only thing keeping me from getting one.