Sign in to follow this  
itsme7

Anyone addicted to seikos?

<RJ>

Seiko is like any swiss brand without all the fuzz (and $$$). Just excellent engineering.

As far as i know all inhouse made, Down to the oils used for the jewels.

Not many swiss manufacturers can claim inhouse to that level i think.

Most have some relation to eta and so on..

That makes seiko nice in a positive way!

Mazz
Seiko is like any swiss brand without all the fuzz (and $$$). Just excellent engineering.

As far as i know all inhouse made, Down to the oils used for the jewels.

Not many swiss manufacturers can claim inhouse to that level i think.

Most have some relation to eta and so on..

That makes seiko nice in a possitive way!

Yes seiko is one of the few manufactures that can claim they entirely manufacture a watch

Kleen™

Whats there to hate about seikos? Great watches at competitive prices, good styling too. ^_^

I guess it's like asking "why do you dislike St John's Bay shirts from JC Penny's?" Seiko's made their company replicating other watches but lack the balls to bother doing it right. At least a rep goes the full monty. To me a Seiko is just an unoriginal P.O.S. I would never wear one. Maybe I would wear a Tuna can in the right circumstance. But 99% of Seiko's I think are just the worst.

Behold the beauty of plain ignorance in black and white...:-)

APOLLO440

Would like too chip in with a you tube video of the Seiko SARB 033 I purchased a few months back. As well as looking like a Rolex explorer,it also resembles my grail the GS. It truly is a stunning watch. For £360 including import duty it was money well spent. One more thing,this is a Japanese domestic model and can only be bought from Japan. Enjoy.

SteveA

In turkey at moment,guy in watch shop says that some of his better copies have Seiko auto movements would this

S be correct

honeybear
That last one is nice

Indeed, that vintage Seiko is very nice.

honeybear
In turkey at moment,guy in watch shop says that some of his better copies have Seiko auto movements would this

S be correct

Maybe he's talking about the Miyota 9015 movement?

honeybear
Would like too chip in with a you tube video of the Seiko SARB 033 I purchased a few months back. As well as looking like a Rolex explorer,it also resembles my grail the GS. It truly is a stunning watch. For £360 including import duty it was money well spent. One more thing,this is a Japanese domestic model and can only be bought from Japan. Enjoy.

I had the Seiko SARB 035, which is the white dial version, and it is indeed a very nice watch for the price. I always thought it reminded me a bit of the Explorer I, particularly the case shape and bezel.

Kleen™

I had the Seiko SARB 035, which is the white dial version, and it is indeed a very nice watch for the price. I always thought it reminded me a bit of the Explorer I, particularly the case shape and bezel.

It's the sensible man's Explorer 1. Luv'ly!

Mazz

S be correct

Maybe he's talking about the Miyota 9015 movement?

More than likely

thebaron

Seiko & Citizen and the like are simply fantastic watches for the price. The moment I started this little hobby all the ones I had went up for sale for lack of wrist time. The reps I get through the forums are so much more fun to wear that I don't see ever going back to the sensible watches again.

itsme7

I guess I like my reps just as much as I like my cheapie gens. I enjoy wearing my BK blue sub, get occasional comments on it, but I also like wearing my seikos. Maybe I need to get more reps in the future to offset the amount of seikos I amass. Have my eye on the seiko SKA427P1 kinetic diver, should be getting that in a week or 2. After that I think I'm done with seikos for now, then it's time for a few reps.

Edited by itsme7

Mazz

Done with seikos that's what I said too

part_timer

8747966352_63191508a8_z.jpg

:wub:

lperdido

I don't know about addicted, but these have been my bread and butter watches for years. The Chrono was my first "nice" watch that I bought back in 1990 with my first credit card. The diver was purchased back in 2001 and has been my "you do everything with that watch on" watch. 8749731433_26de666720_b.jpg

Pennapolis

Love my Seiko's! My favorites are my two monsters, a nice Seiko 5 and my first Seiko....an old Kinetic diver.

itsme7

Figure id post a (crappy iphone picture at that, digi camera was dropped on accident...) current group shot of the seikos i have.

9365D705.jpg

Edited by itsme7

Steve36

Lol funny you mention that I've currently got my seiko spork for sale on ebay.... Awesome watch and very well made

itsme7

Well the Kinetic diver is in transit, should be here Friday next week.

Edited by itsme7

Rav747

love mine

imag1271sophiatony1.jpg

flightd.jpg

Electron17

I have about 14 Seiko watch, among them 3 Kinetics. I love all my Seiko's but just a word of warning, having 3 Kinetics is a big mistake. You need to wear the Kinetics quite a lot to keep them fully charged and so you will end up wearing the Kinetic most of the time and neglecting your other watches. My Kinetics are wonderful watches and keep very good time but you do need to wear them a lot. My rep consequently get very little wrist time.

GF1

I thought I will tranpost this from the wrist check section, here's my Seiko 5 sports limited edition.

682549C0-AAAF-447C-8BC1-5A4E1E8C9253-1331-000000AC6B2E9C82_zpsb538139b.jpg

Mazz
I have about 14 Seiko watch, among them 3 Kinetics. I love all my Seiko's but just a word of warning, having 3 Kinetics is a big mistake. You need to wear the Kinetics quite a lot to keep them fully charged and so you will end up wearing the Kinetic most of the time and neglecting your other watches. My Kinetics are wonderful watches and keep very good time but you do need to wear them a lot. My rep consequently get very little wrist time.
i

Buy the kinetic charger

NFleischer

I just ordered the Orange Monster, great watch for under $200 with tax, shipping,etc!

dave0280

Not addicted to them but I think I married one - although spelt and pronounced slightly differently!