Sign in to follow this  
Libertatia

paypal, outside of ebay, need advise

Guyute
The last thing you need to be doing is alerting FeeBay that the two of you swindled them out of their fees contrary to the rules

;)

This. Remember that while PayPal is used for all kinds of things that are outside Ebay, they are owned by EBay and it is against Ebay's TOS to make a deal on a sale posted on their site without going through the normal checkout process.

Baldrick

Enough already......he's had more than adequate advice.......no need to turn this into an 'advice-athon' !

Prancuzas

Hey, just a small thought.

Why would he keep the listing if already sold the item for You? I assume he doesnt want to sell same thing twice - for You and for some random dude on ebay, that's why he removed.

Anyway i'm pretty sure Ebay itself keeps a copy of that listing in their database.

The main problem would be that the guy sends You something (a rock, a pack of gum) because paypal only protects shipping fact, not the "item as described" possibility, so now it's all on that guy's good conscience.

I've bought used hi-fi amp in a same way like You few months ago, because i've got better price doing things outside of ebay (that 10% cut), an ofcourse, it was risky, but got everything as described, well packed, in mint condition.

So in Your situation now it's all about the ratio of good people and scammers on our planet earth :D

Edited by Prancuzas

dly02

Just my opinion, but the whole thing sounds fishy as hell... I'm hoping for the best for you, but there are a couple red flags there. Best of luck, friend.

+1 to that. good luck though! hope it all works out

fraggle42

Only one thing to say, if the seller tries to string you along by saying "Can't get to post office", "had to attend cats funeral", "partner was ill", etc, etc, etc, no matter what sob story they give you do NOT wait longer than 30 days before opening a case with PayPal.

This is a favourite way of scamming buyers, string them along until its too late to claim via PayPal.

Doubt it'll happen, but just in case :)

Richard

RUSH2112

Please come back and let us know what happened.

Libertatia

I got the box, I was just over reacting as I never buy anything outside the safety of ebay (except watches of course). Thanks guys, much appreciated.

DejaWho

Glad it worked out. I was confident it most likely would.

skaterpunk35891
Hey, just a small thought.

Why would he keep the listing if already sold the item for You? I assume he doesnt want to sell same thing twice - for You and for some random dude on ebay, that's why he removed.

Anyway i'm pretty sure Ebay itself keeps a copy of that listing in their database.

The main problem would be that the guy sends You something (a rock, a pack of gum) because paypal only protects shipping fact, not the "item as described" possibility, so now it's all on that guy's good conscience.

I've bought used hi-fi amp in a same way like You few months ago, because i've got better price doing things outside of ebay (that 10% cut), an ofcourse, it was risky, but got everything as described, well packed, in mint condition.

So in Your situation now it's all about the ratio of good people and scammers on our planet earth :D

This would be my biggest concern. With proof that he sent you a box there is little yo can do but generally people with 100% feedback and years on eBay are trustworthy.

narikaa

Trustworthy people dont as a rule routinely conspire with strangers to defraud companies out of their revenue

jus sayin

Prancuzas

TOLD YA!

DejaWho
Trustworthy people dont as a rule routinely conspire with strangers to defraud companies out of their revenue

jus sayin

Reg, hope you see the irony in what you just said... ;)