Sign in to follow this  
OmegaOverlord

(Heavy Pics) My First Rep PROBLEM

OmegaOverlord

So this is my first post on the RWG and I though I would introduce myself. I have never really looked into replicas before being recommended to this site, I often go for gens such as Tag Heuers and Zeniths, but I really wanted to try and get myself an Omega Planet Ocean.

Personally I haven’t had very good luck with reps most probably because I bought them on holiday but when I came upon this site I was overwhelmed with the quality that the TDs had to offer. So I went ahead and made my first purchase through Josh at p-cls.com who was absolutely great, good communication and easy payment, I went ahead and got the Omega 42mm PO 4813 28800bph Pumpkin, and love the quality of it. The AR coating is brilliant and there are very few flaws yet as a result of browsing through this forum I really want to pickup a new Ultimate 42mm and a few other watches to build my current collection. After reading around I found out how to try and make the bracelet seem more realistic and comfortable, so used some high end dry lube on the bracelet and it feels absolutely brilliant after going through 2 baths I also gave it a WD-40 bath though instead of using WD40 I used Jizer, a really good bike lubricant.

I also found on the app store a way to check the accuracy of the watch using my earphones/mic that came with my iphone, and I was rather surprised and thankful with the result being -6s which is pretty accurate and dosent really affect me too much. But that’s enough of the introduction, here are the pictures.

UPDATE: After only having the watch for about a weak and a half the crown has stopped screwing down, so it wont screw down anymore and I believe this is as a result of the the stem and tube slipping, I have reading around for a fix but Im rather annoyed with it. I was going to buy a gen pendant tube and crown but after reading a bit more the gen dosent actually fit as its too narrow and adding epoxy to it would just be a temp fix and the tube would just crack. Adding locktight was a immediate fix and worked for a bit but felt delicate though it either seemed to have worn off so it no longer screws down. I have talked to Josh PC but I dont really want to send it back to China and I have talked to Domenico Modder but too just have it waterproofed it would take 6-8 weeks. SO if anyone has any ideas please help: Here are some pics: they are few pics down:

So I went ahed and ordered a genuine crown and pendant tube as it was pretty cheap and I wanted to check for myself the diameter and I was thinking about going for a V5 soon so it would come in handy. I've spoken to Dom over on the RWI and he said he could fit the gen and everything but I though may just try it myself by adding epoxy around the pendant tube which I presume is what he will be doing. I will give and update soon or il make a new post.

8740959985_95725824cc_z.jpg

8740959645_4b2604966e_z.jpg

8742075204_a5dd6f2b0b_z.jpg

8742076294_72c2cebaeb_z.jpg

8741164331_21de1bd432_z.jpg

8742075464_623850573b_z.jpg

8742081936_756450296c_z.jpg

8741166549_53a60bf760.jpg

8740965489_a82f0bafa2.jpg

Pics of the Crown that wont screw down,

8745100337_2e6d985b2b_z.jpg

8745100835_caf638063f_z.jpg

Edited by OmegaOverlord

RiceCake

Nice piece, enjoy it! This is very high on my list.

RichardMiami

wear it in good health. Welcome to the insanity!

OmegaOverlord

thanks

gmchris

Welcome to the forum, nice Omega!! Lovin the pumpkin.

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

A very nice intro from an altogether superior type of new member. :clap:

OmegaOverlord

I was thinking of picking up the gen for a while but could never decide weather to get the pumpkin half orange or just black but after checking out the reps i thought why not go for the pumpkin ps its brilliant

dalboy

Hello and welcome..

Enjoy your first purchase ...one of many i fear.. :giggle:

Dal.

alexjustdoit

Nice watch :) did you say it is a 4813 movement? Am i correct in thinking there are both 21,600 bph and 28,800 bph 4813 movements? Somehow I've seen people talking about both I think.

TheSav

G'day, welcome and congrats.

flyr

Welcome to the forum! Nice first pick!

OmegaOverlord

Nice watch :) did you say it is a 4813 movement? Am i correct in thinking there are both 21,600 bph and 28,800 bph 4813 movements? Somehow I've seen people talking about both I think.

it is a 4813 with 28800

Y30BAD

Nice, spotted one on the wrist of a guy today. Good looking watch. Might be tempted to get one soon!

frogflyer

Welcome, and very nice choice! Wear it well. ;)

wingnut121

I was thinking of picking up the gen for a while but could never decide weather to get the pumpkin half orange or just black but after checking out the reps i thought why not go for the pumpkin ps its brilliant

Great thing about this game is you can have both!!!!

E.R.

Welcome! Great watch and pics.

Very nice start! Enjoy

OmegaOverlord

Just what I was thinking though I think im going to go for the Ultimate 42mm just so i could make a franken possibly in the future

watchnerd

looks good

Edited by watchnerd

myaz

Gorgeous deep orange and blue colors on the outdoor shot.

OmegaOverlord

Gorgeous deep orange and blue colors on the outdoor shot.

thanks

catveryfat

Welcome :) I'm also newbie looking for nice Omega one.

Very beautiful and Very nice pic ......

dly02

congrats on the purchase!

P4GTR

:lol: No one read your post to the end obviously.

Sucks about the crown & tube. Very common issue, and I understand you're unwillingness to overhaul w/ gen parts to resolve. This is the reason I don't own one either. But, people keep buying them so, I doubt it will ever be fixed. I don't recall how long you said it has been, but I'm pretty sure you said it was a short time of ownership. Contact the TD and tell them to replace the watch or fix it.

Edit: A week and a half of ownership. That's a defective part, contact your TD for assistance.

Y30BAD

Sucks about the crown & tube. Very common issue, and I understand you're unwillingness to overhaul w/ gen parts to resolve. This is the reason I don't own one either. But, people keep buying them so, I doubt it will ever be fixed. I don't recall how long you said it has been, but I'm pretty sure you said it was a short time of ownership. Contact the TD and tell them to replace the watch or fix it.

Edit: A week and a half of ownership. That's a defective part, contact your TD for assistance.

Think the update was added after many of our posts

OmegaOverlord

I have got a gen crown and tube but the pendant tube dosent fit its too narrow, I would if i could replace it with a gen component therefore knowing that It won't break again