Sign in to follow this  
OmegaOverlord

My BR Heritage Project

OmegaOverlord

So after looking around a fair bit I have come to the conclusion that there are no good Bell and Ross Heritage reps:

1239909450_bell-ross-heritage_1.jpg

Now just looking at this watch you can tell it looks absolutly brilliant though for some reason no TDs have though to make a truely good rep of this watch.

But there is a slight hope I have been browsing through the TDs and it appears Mary from WI has a low end budget model of this watch and has been reviewed by greg_r (heres the link to the rev.) http://www.rwg.bz/bo...opic=17142&st=0

Though sadly it is the 46mm version and not the 42 which I would prefer so much more but nevertheless greg_r came to the conclusing that its a budget rep and just looking at the QC pics it has some major flaws in the body such as the entire back portion of the watch.

Though looking at the dial it is free from any large flaws, by that I mean it has the correct colours and it says Bell and Ross :

br01H-1.JPG

But I would also like the body to be better constructed and for it to feel like a higher end watch so I though if I were to purchase this Heritage from WI and This better Bell and Ross rep from Josh :http://www.p-cls.com/0bo019201-br0192-automatic-ssru-blackwhite-a2836-p-13641.html

I was hoping I could simply switch the dial and hands making a nicer Heritage piece.

I was also thinking about buy a gen strap which from Bell and Ross is dirt cheap in comparison to some other watchmakers and maybe send it to a watchmaker to add an AR coating to it though Im not too sure if the gen has one so I will have to wait and see.

So I would really like to hear you advise and opinions on this project and whether you think it would work. Thanks

Edited by OmegaOverlord

quaresma7

I love the 03-92 heritage..I will keep with your project ;)

greg_r

Okay, a few issues.

1. The rep heritage dial has one major flaw - the wrong model number (it's marked as an 01/94 not 01/92). You will also need to get it lumed as there's no lume on the rep.

2. If you're going to swap that dial into another watch, you'll need to get the hands refinished as the 21J hands will not fit the better movement - so the colour will be wrong and will not match the dial indices

Oddly, the heritage strap is probably the best thing about the rep - but you're right, the gen strap is the way to go.

Your other option is to forget the heritage rep, just buy a higher quality 01 or 03 , fit the heritage strap and not worry about the colour of the indices. It's a compromise, but gen owners have been doing it, so why not you?

OmegaOverlord

Okay, a few issues.

1. The rep heritage dial has one major flaw - the wrong model number (it's marked as an 01/94 not 01/92). You will also need to get it lumed as there's no lume on the rep.

2. If you're going to swap that dial into another watch, you'll need to get the hands refinished as the 21J hands will not fit the better movement - so the colour will be wrong and will not match the dial indices

Oddly, the heritage strap is probably the best thing about the rep - but you're right, the gen strap is the way to go.

Your other option is to forget the heritage rep, just buy a higher quality 01 or 03 , fit the heritage strap and not worry about the colour of the indices. It's a compromise, but gen owners have been doing it, so why not you?

1. I was going to take it on as a project to keep me busy for a while say a few weeks

2. The model number dosent really bother me too much and as for the lume I may do it myself or may just not bother doing it

3. As for the hands needing refinishing, thanks for telling me as I did not know this was needed and I'm not too sure I know how to do that I may check out if I could find some gen hands. I guess I could just fit the dial and try and find someone who could refinish the hands but im not too sure of what it consist of or maybe I could just the new dial and use the hands from the better rep making it a one of a kind. :giggle:

4. I could just buy a BR02 or BR01 GMT and just go through with that but after looking at the BRs they look relativly easy to mod and open out.

But please give me your advise