Sign in to follow this  
RiceCake

IWC Big Pilot 5004 (pic heavy)

Duzza

The rotor on mine is loud too, sounds like someone coming down a zip wire. I quite like the noise and I love the watch :)

imacwalker

Well I haven't been wearing it since the stock strap basically fell apart...

So iv been waiting on a new one - while waiting I decided to check out this rotor noise issue-

Found that the metal tabs that hold the movement/face in place weren't there - and the rotor was rubbing on the case back because the movement wasn't held tight -taken one from an old parnis and it's running like a dream now -

tzsteve

Lovely watch and great review/pics...wear it well

FRA

Great looking watch. I am new to this forum and have yet to buy a replica. Can you tell me which dealer WI is? Are they on the TD list?

Thanks.

black263

Great looking watch. I am new to this forum and have yet to buy a replica. Can you tell me which dealer WI is? Are they on the TD list?

Thanks.

Scroll down the home page to the trusted dealers and probationers. WI is Watch International

emtp101

Great review and awesome pic's.

Boudz

bump

What movement does this have?

Edited by Boudz

higginsd

An asian 25J, not comparable to any other movement nor an ETA movement. I'm really sad about this, but to be honest, it is a good movement without problems. Only the rotor or better its bearing needs some micro-dots of oil or grease once a year or it will not work good enough to wind the movement complete.

madidas91

Hey, I'm having an issue with the crown being loose. Any idea how I can open the case back? I'm new to this whole watch hobby and I've googled and youtubed ways to do it but I can't seem to figure it out. I've tried using rubber to put pressure on the back to turn it but had no success.

higginsd

With a case opener?!?

Mathieu123l

Hi,

Is the date recessed?

Tks,

Mathieu

ads-1991

Congrats looks great!! Excellent photos aswell! :)

MStanne

Thanks for the nice write up with great pics.

Love the watch but hate the crown.

urbn

Any new updates on the watch? How does it feel? Is it holding up on daily use well? Anyone order the other color of the BP from WI before? I'm very interested in purchasing one!

black263

Any new updates on the watch? How does it feel? Is it holding up on daily use well? Anyone order the other color of the BP from WI before? I'm very interested in purchasing one!

Nice first post. Now how about you go and introduce yourself properly.

Left Coast Guy

Rice -- I'm looking at the same model, can you expound on the comment re: power reserves??? I'm leaning toward the working power reserve, but am all ears as to why you chose the faux.

black263

Is the power reserve indicator on this watch totally faux? Or just from the pov that clearly the watch won't hold 7 days charge so its exaggerated on the dial?

Most reps seem to have a power reserve of about 40 - 50 hours. So when you have one with a working PR that shows 7 days, consider each "day" to represent 6-7 hours of actual reserve and you won't go far wrong.

TheChamp16
Rice -- I'm looking at the same model, can you expound on the comment re: power reserves??? I'm leaning toward the working power reserve, but am all ears as to why you chose the faux.

I can't answer for him, but I can for me on why I went with the non-working PR; working PR aside, the one without it working is a much better overall rep. If you get the one with the working PR, that's really the only upside on the rep; all of the other details are much better on the other non-working PR rep.

nyckid

I just sold mine :picard2:

Nice pick up btw

higginsd

The working PR subdial is at a wrong position (compared to the gen) due to mechanical reasons. And I heared the datewheel is more recessed but maybe I'm wrong. After a short time wearing the watch the PR shows full - like the rep with faux PR and the gen. So there is no benefit and the version with faux PR is definitely the better rep!

Left Coast Guy

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Kyrasym

great review! However, is that the right lume? I thought the lume is supposed to be only on the 12 3 6 9 and the hands?

RiceCake

I did tons and tons of reading before picking this one... Based on my research, the faux PR is a more accurate representation of the gen (from a visual standpoint). I can truthfully say that I've never missed the working PR, but I MUCH prefer the looks of this one over the model with the working PR. I think I might have even read that this movement is more reliable, but don't quote me on that.

Overall it comes down to what would bother you more: visual differences that an eagle eye might notice, or a faux power reserve that nobody will be able to notice?

By the way, still loving the watch and wear it every week!

BNZZ

Too bad WI can't ship to Belgium because of customs issues or i had ordered it already :(

Beautiful pics RiceCake! Do you use a "blackbox"?

higginsd

Too bad WI can't ship to Belgium because of customs issues or i had ordered it already :(

??? Every TD has this watch in stock. And the good TDs offer you triangle shipping over UK. This also works to Belgium, so where is your problem?