zero_deficit

How to tell if I'm looking at a scam website

Paparolf

I think the old adage 'if it looks to good' you are likely to be disappointed.

Great advice here,. Thanks

arz

Tell-tale signs of a scam site

Genuine Pictures

No replica is 1:1, using a genuine picture that an authorised dealer would use is only a sure sign that the site is misrepresenting what they're selling.

Adding their own little watermark to genuine pictures does not fix this either.

Replicas being made in Switzerland or Japan

Or any other country that isn't China is complete rubbish, if they're going to lie to you about this, it's likely they're going to lie to you about what they will be doing with your money

Movement description

No replica (bar a few exceptions) are going to have the same movement as what you find in the genuine (HUB4100, Calibre 2121, 3187, other in-house movements etc).

And if they're going to describe the movement as just "Automatic" or anything along the lines of that's just no good.

You'll find some of the more common movements that are used in reps here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

Price

A simple automatic (21J) or Quartz will be in the $100 range

A clone of a Swiss movement will be in the $200-$300 range

A working mechanical chronograph (7750/7753) are $300+

Of course this is just a very general overview of price, but if it's too good to be true, it most likely is, and if it's too anything like $1000+, it's most likely a scam, you're not getting better quality or anything closer to gen by paying that much more.

Testimonials

With the full weight of four massive replica forums with tens of thousands of members each, a proper replica dealer will not need bullsh*t testimonials (probably written by them) to sell their watches.

The same goes for 'Review' sites of those webpages (again probably written by them as well) - you have an enormous repository of information here written by thousands upon thousands of members, everything else shouldn't be trusted

Other Ridiculous claims:

1:1 quality

AAA+

Swiss made

Waterproof to same as gen

Ability to fool authorised dealers

Working minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, automatic tourbillons, solid gold (or other precious metals)

Some more outrageous claims are expanded on here

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=39

Ultimately however, these are all just indicators of a scam site, even if a website does not show signs of above, it doesn't mean it's safe to shop there. But, there is one super easy way to tell if a website/dealer is trusted - and that's if they're on here:

TRUSTED DEALERS

Common (silly) reasons people want to shop at any other sites

1) They have a watch that the other TDs don't have

There are many reasons for this and does not mean a trusted dealer can't get it for you. It may just not be popular enough or repped well enough to be put on their sites or section, or it might just not be repped at all.

Find a dealer (after lots of research) and send them a photo of what you want. They'll be able to tell if they're able to get it for you.

2) They have a better price

Scam website's supposedly better price will most likely be at the expense of quality of features, that or it's purposely placed low to draw you away from the trusted dealers so they can take your money.

3) They ship from the same country I live in

Only a handful of dealers ship from outside East Asia (eg. Narikaa) where they will personally travel to those countries and bring them back,

otherwise, if they claim to ship from the US or UK etc, they most likely will not be - anyone can get a .uk domain name.

Hope this has been helpful to newbies who have found us while doing research on their websites in question. Feel free to add, change or delete anything you feel is missing or incorrect

Great post but to late to me.

I have been sucked at www.bisglobal.co.uk

i pay for a BR03 send me a Frankstein square watch... :(

The TD on RWG are down !?

Can anyone give me a tip of a trusted dealer of Bell&Ross Replica? I want a BR03, 42mm, Military Type, Green dial, date, black pvd.

Thanks

Icemix69

Very good info, thanks

jonaylor

simple and effective post.

sadviser

Good information. I should know, given that I run a couple of scamming websites.

Im7ft14

Any review website.. or if they have multiple websites with similar look but different watches for sale.

Malaysiamel

I too almost got sucked in by bestreplica.sr but then got to wondering why they were using a Suriname domain name and why they wanted payment by Western Union and ... Oh yeah ...according to them they make better watches than Rolex :suck:

Beetlafleur

Will keep these things in mind, thank you

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

jpourteau

Very helpful... Thanks!

suiiuris

great advice. thank you for this thread

Lowflyermike

awesome info, I bought several watches from Perfect Watches, all had a small problem but nothing major. Two loose 1 minute a day, other pretty good time keeper. Price was $199 and they shipped fast. Good customer service in the US. When I got them bands were a little tight, so they sent me 2 extra links for free. Their prices are 3 teared, $199, $245 and about $645,

mercury

Does anyone know if supercawatch is a scam or not? supercawatch.cn

thanks 

RUSH2112

Yes

trailboss99
On 06/04/2018 at 06:18, mercury said:

Does anyone know if supercawatch is a scam or not? http://www.supercawatch.cn/en/

thanks 

Did you read this thread?  Gen pics, no movement specified, "sapphire on crown" (really? a real sapphire?) etc. 

Oh but the are "leading exporters of Cartier replica watches" . . . apparently. 

Blazekdoktor

I'm still a rookie in the world of rep watches, but after weeks of exploration I assume that every sites claiming they're having PAM341 Egiziano now in stock are scams. But hope to be mistaken...☺

duddlyboy

I don't know about a sticky ? This thread should renamed the 'Imbeciles Guide To Buying A Replica Watch ' .

duddlyboy
On 16/02/2016 at 22:35, Malaysiamel said:

I too almost got sucked in by bestreplica.sr but then got to wondering why they were using a Suriname domain name and why they wanted payment by Western Union and ... Oh yeah ...according to them they make better watches than Rolex :suck:

There's nothing wrong with Western Union . I have purchased all my watches using WU with TD's on both RWI and RWG.

Sir_Unicorn

You have truly saved a newbies wallet! Thank you!

Pebble2

very informative. thanks for the tips.

maduro

I've also seen many rip-off sites use gen pics.

tortuga368

good place to start for those getting into rep collecting!

Kako99

Thanks for that info!I was about to make a deal with a guy from UK he mentioned his watches are made in New zeland.

Not sure about that and he only accepts bitcoins...

Not sure if that is a scam or not

He has lot of pics and videos of the watches he says he is selling but i cant tell if that is someone reliable or not. What do you guys  think?

Oh btw the prices he said where  about 220 pounds for a seamaster

Devil
3 minutes ago, Kako99 said:

Thanks for that info!I was about to make a deal with a guy from UK he mentioned his watches are made in New zeland.

Not sure about that and he only accepts bitcoins...

Not sure if that is a scam or not

He has lot of pics and videos of the watches he says he is selling but i cant tell if that is someone reliable or not. What do you guys  think?

Oh btw the prices he said where  about 220 pounds for a seamaster

Sounds like a scam.

I suggest you get familiar with our TD section (trusted dealers) who are all based in China.

Also you're posting in a 2 year old thread, I would also suggest avoiding necro-posting on old threads...

Kako99

Thanks for the heads up! ♥️ Highly appreciated mate