Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Hand Jobs.......Finished

scorpion

I have been after a white faced Avenger for some time now and been let down twice by TDs. I thought i had finally solved it when Silix said they could get hold of the one i requested. Well it was on rubber so I paid extra to have a metal bracket fitted and its arrived. Now in the QC pics it was a bit different to what was on their website but it was white so I took it. Only thing is its not a 44.5mm size as shown on web. In fact its not an Avenger at all but its big brother a Super Avenger.

Breitling%20SA%20White%20(Large).jpg

I actually really like it so would not send it back but I have one thing bugging me and seek advice from fellow members. The hands are white on a white dial, now I know the gen can be had in same spec but I have seen other versions and in fact the one I did order with black framed white hands as below. With onset of middle age and Diabetes my old eyes are not so good and I find it hard to tell the time in low light.

Breitling%20SA%20White%20black%20hands.jpg

So now for the question and reason for my post.......if i removed the movement and took a sharpie black pen and went round the outlines of both hands would it work or look shit? I know the factory would use paint but i don't think i could get it right and would end up with no lume black hands, a pen is much easier to control and sharpies are pretty much permanent especially under a crystal. Close up of hands below...

Breitling%20SA%20White%20hands%20(Large).jpg

So what do you think, am i going to fuck it up, is it best as is or does my idea seem ok? Remember my last Breitling mission in the freezer eh!

1%20thinking.gif

Guyute

You might want to rethink that thread title.

You might consider using one of Sharpie's new oil-based paint pens. You'd probably get a much better result.

DR3M3L

I expected a lot more fun when reading the topic title...

conx

If you fuck it up, you can always get replacement hands

onionbag

It looks a simple enough operation...........but in reality has potential for a cock-up.

DR3M3L
It looks a simple enough operation...........but in reality has potential for a cock-up.

+100000

J.Eric

I think it would work as long as you keep your hand steady.

On the other hand, the lume material may pull the ink from the sharpie.

Best thing would be to remove the hands, remove the lume, paint the hands and re-lume.

gtwc

+1 to rethinking the threads title.

I nearly got myself quite worked up.............

I like the Sharpie idea but am worried that it would fade prematurely (hand-job analogy) and not

keep looking strong & proud.

JMHO.

:giggle:

Pob

HA HA give it a try, I'd like to see the result :D

simonbolivar

Agree... This has some fuck up potential.

jard89

Made me look!

I don't think a sharpie will do it properly. I'm not sure you'll get the coverage you desire. However as stated earlier, you could always try and swap hands if necessary.

onionbag

Painting fiddly components is just a matter of practice, a magnifier, good paint and a good brush........I've spent many a happy hour painting my wee men.

'Tho I've no direct experience painting watch hands.........

gtwc

Painting fiddly components is just a matter of practice, a magnifier, good paint and a good brush........I've spent many a happy hour painting my wee man. (fixed it for ya !)

onionbag

Painting fiddly components is just a matter of practice, a magnifier, good paint and a good brush........I've spent many a happy hour painting my wee man. (fixed it for ya !)

I'll load the gun................you fire the bullets mate. :D

KarmaToBurn

I had so much advise ready! Then I saw the thread was about watches. :(

scorpion

Hmm mixed results so far...as for the guys that were surprised at my title you should know me better by now :giggle:

Past title classics include:-

Quick Hand Job

RING PIECE

Strap On

Scorpions got major RAT trouble

Breitling Deep Freeze Experiment

Where's Wally? sorry I mean Balad - is he AWOL?

Look what my dog brought back from the post office

Shit I think Reg has got the wrong idea..........

1 laught.gif

Pihlippe

Go for it, we need some entertainment here. :thumbsup2:

In the worst case, they can be repainted and relumed. :)

RussP

I had so much advise ready! Then I saw the thread was about watches. :(

+ 1 :B):

scorpion

I am not keen on hand removal job.....i just know would bust one, have enough trouble with wall clock hand removal and they are 20x bigger!!!

Still i think its a go at the weekend. Breitling clinic first the Black Avenger is getting its new stop start lever Hazz kindly sent me then this one will get its hands blacked on watch.

I will make a paper mask to go under each one, put on my4x glasses and go for it.

If it works then I have pink, green. orange, yellow and blue sharpies and custom hand jobs will all be mine :giggle:

Hazz

I say go for it, I have faith :hehehe:

KeNnY can always resolve if you muck up, but you won't..................................

scorpion

I say go for it, I have faith :hehehe:

KeNnY can always resolve if you muck up, but you won't..................................

Cheers Hazz...even the Breitling Emergency is still working after the Deep freeze and total movement strip down so what could go wrong............... :suck:

scorpion

OK i have done it ...tell me what you think...pretty good eh for my first hand job

Breitlijng joke.jpg

1 lmfao.gif

bklynboy

Sharpie may bleed, do not recommend, bleeding during hand job will not result in a

Pihlippe

Jepp,did not mean that you should take a hand job, while you painted the hands though :lol:

DR3M3L

Lovely Scorp, looks fantastic! But what are they doing in the position of 12 o clock? :lmao: