Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Hand Jobs.......Finished

LightGeek

Are there hand jobs still being given out or am I too late?

HeavyKrush

Applaud your effort Scorp. Nice job!

zoomtt

Nice job on the watch, but the freaking title sucked me in to this thread like fly on shit.

Guyute

So can we call this a happy ending?

scorpion

So can we call this a happy ending?

No I call it a ok result (after all the watch still works which is a good result for me :giggle:) but i am neither sad or happy. Thing is I had them almost perfect with the lume still in middle and should have left it but I had to go back and make a tiny extra stroke of black, overdid it and then used meths to remove it hence the lume going all weird and falling out.

So guys I still want to explore 2 things:-

1. Get a new lumed set of hands in white with black outline - any ideas where from?

2. Buy some white lume and see if i can get it back in the gaps neatly, again any ideas where i can buy just a small amount from?

All replies on above mucho appreciated

1 thinking.gif

scorpion

Yep i know OB but i only want to lume 2 hands and don't need a sack of the stuff!!! Fook me if i bought that much i just know I would end up re luming all my collection and fooking up at least 80% of them :giggle: .........ok i exaggerated change that to 99% of them :suck:

Thanks anyway.

TheSav

Send it to a modded and be done with it.

Btw just read you freezer experiment thread. Fuck me that was funny. :)

scorpion

Send it to a modded and be done with it.

Btw just read you freezer experiment thread. Fuck me that was funny. :)

Glad my disappointment gave you some fun - still when the batteries die at least I know how to strip it down! As for sending it out for modding i am in Uk and wont send it overseas its bad enough waiting for it to arrive from HK.

Applaud your effort Scorp. Nice job!

Cheers mate

Nice job on the watch, but the freaking title sucked me in to this thread like fly on shit.

Sorry you need to visit Section 8 for hand job material...mostly supplied by Onze :giggle:

SSTEEL

Jepp,did not mean that you should take a hand job, while you painted the hands though :lol:

Then you might end up with white lume all over the face.

lmao

TheSav

If you manage to find some new hands you could send just those to a modder. Just a thought.

LightGeek

If you manage to find some new hands you could send just those to a modder. Just a thought.

Why? Is a hand job from Kenny or Wiz better? :giggle:

scorpion

Dunno but a Wiz sounds better than a Kenny :giggle:

However I prefer to do my own hand jobs or maybe get the wife to do it so I have just ordered some lume and a hands puller and operation Hand Lume Job will commence on their arrival. Then if its successful i will lume others in my collection. You never know i may become UK's s version of Kenny and do hand jobs and lumes for VIP members :giggle:

DR3M3L

Handjobs from Scorp in the UK.... Mmmm.... Sounds like a bad idea to me :giggle:

J.Eric

However I prefer to do my own hand jobs or maybe get the wife to do it so I have just ordered some lume and a hands puller and operation Hand Lume Job will commence on their arrival. Then if its successful i will lume others in my collection. Younever know i may become UK's s version of Kenny and do hand jobs and lumes for VIP members :giggle:

Luming is fun!! I have re-lumed 11 or 12 of my watches. The hardest part is getting the mix ratio just right.

Here are few examples....

010213071014.jpg

050713170815_zps0ba82183.jpg

scorpion

However I prefer to do my own hand jobs or maybe get the wife to do it so I have just ordered some lume and a hands puller and operation Hand Lume Job will commence on their arrival. Then if its successful i will lume others in my collection. Younever know i may become UK's s version of Kenny and do hand jobs and lumes for VIP members :giggle:

Luming is fun!! I have re-lumed 11 or 12 of my watches. The hardest part is getting the mix ratio just right.

Here are few examples....

Now I can't wait for my lume to arrive - i will start big on my large wall chrono clock then move on to my watches, them lume dogs paws and tail :giggle:

Wall Clock (Large).jpg

LightGeek

4ebyga5e.jpg

I've got the lume but not the donor watch to play with yet. I'd rather not start with one of my keepers :)

scorpion

4ebyga5e.jpg

I've got the lume but not the donor watch to play with yet. I'd rather not start with one of my keepers :)

Wow you sure got a lot of lume - enough for 10000s of watches and dogs - show off, fancy pants torch man and big lume jobs.

J.Eric

Lume!

121912071947.jpg

scorpion

Well my lume kit and hands puller arrived and i operated tonight on it again. The result looks fine on wrist but under magnification or in a close up macro looks rougher than the £25 hookers in Southend on Sea :giggle:

So I have a few choices:-

1. Stop being so anal and keep it as it is, it has good lume and i can now read the time and i don't have 4x mag vision and if i keep taking it apart i will bugger it up

2. Strip them back to bare metal, spray paint in fine matt black then relume the middle sections

3. Try and source a new set of hands in correct white with outer edge in black

Maybe this needs a poll?

Breitling SA White relumed.JPG

seclark007

Strip 'em and start again.....practice makes perfect; both with the hands puller and the lume work :)

scorpion

Strip 'em and start again.....practice makes perfect; both with the hands puller and the lume work :)

I would but I am concerned about the refitting, the minute hand seemed a bit loose and does not locate easily, keeps spinning around. Worried its going to screw up it i pull it off again. If i did then i would try matt black spray paint then hope that i can lume middle then wipe off excess without it pulling away the black paint, i think that would give neatest result.

LightGeek

Yep. Strip em and start again.

Still talking about the reps, right?

scorpion

Ok strip and restart is needed. Going to clean them off, spray them satin black, dry then apply lume. Hopefully the results will be better than first attempts.

scorpion

Ok so started again, cleaned them off in meths, removed lume, sprayed satin black, looked crap, cleaned again, sprayed matt black, resumed, lost minute hand in garage after 1 hour search found in dustbin. Finally done....results are acceptable and much better than earlier attempt and unless you look under a loupe or at hi res photos its fine. Plus lume is very bright and i can tell the time with it now in dark and daylight. Quite why they sell these with a white face and fully white hands is beyond me as you need to stare at it to tell the time.

Breitling%20Sa%20White%20relumed%20v2%20(1)%20(Large).JPG

Breitling%20Sa%20White%20relumed%20v2%20(2)%20(Large).JPG

1 roll.gif